24. Stars

My Apparition spell made me land slap bang in the middle of the hallway of my apartment and I tumbled to the ground with a loud thud. I cursed under my breath. It wasn't a very graceful entrance to say the least. I slowly arose to my feet whilst rubbing my knee with my hand to make the slight pain go away. Straight away I noticed that the door of the living room was less than halfway open and the noise of the television came from inside of it. I didn't make any hesitations in moving towards it, knowing that Draco would be sat waiting for me.

Sure enough I spotted Draco straight away as I stood at the frame of the door. He was sprawled out on the couch with a blank expression on his face as he stared ahead at the television. Some documentary about the Second World War was playing, showing black and white footage of soldiers saluting and various weapons that were used during those times. There was an open book placed on the coffee table, presumably he got bored reading it. The only source of light in the room was the one coming from the television, causing a dim and colourful lighting to bounce off the walls. The volume of the television was pretty high too, it was no wonder Draco hasn't noticed my presence yet. Because Draco was a pureblood he wasn't exactly familiar with things that muggles-borns like myself would be used to seeing, like a television, radio's, computers and pretty much all forms of technology that we are surrounded by in the muggle world. I remember Draco's confused expression when I first showed him a television and explained the concept of it, he could not believe his eyes. He later proceeded to tell me how pointless he thought it was and argued that there were other things to do to pass the time. Although I agreed with him on that point, I could not help but tease him endlessly when I found him the next day completely engrossed in a movie he found. He still claims to this day that he hates everything about televisions, but I knew they fascinated him deep down. I guess it was nice to see him this way; he wasn't really as dismissive about muggle-borns anymore.

Deciding I was staring at him long enough, I wanted to grab his attention. I cleared my throat before I spoke his name in question.

The sound of my voice obviously shocked Draco, so much so that he leaped off the couch at lightning speed and grabbed his wand which was on the coffee table. He squinted his eyes a few times as he pointed it directly at me.

I took a single step back and put my hands up. I couldn't help but feel amused that I caught him by surprise. "Draco! It is me, silly."

The hand which he held his wand in immediately fell to his side and he breathed a sigh of relief. He wiped his eyes with the heel of his other hand. "Shit sorry Hermione. I think I was falling asleep there so I didn't know who it was. When did you get in?"

I grinned before I started to walk further into the living room until I was in front of Draco. "Less than two minutes ago. What are you watching?"

Draco managed to give me a sleepy smile as he placed his wand back onto the coffee table stretched his arms out. After he done that he glanced to the television and shrugged. "Something about World War Two. That Hitler bloke is pretty messed up. Why does it appear like most muggles need some serious psychiatric help?"

I just laughed at this statement. "Well you aren't wrong there. Hitler done a lot of bad things which is exactly what he is remembered for today. There are a lot of messed up people in this world today, but it still only accounts for a small percentage of course."

"Yeah but murdering innocent Jews just because of who they are is on a whole other level... it's disturbing. Almost as bad as hating muggle people just because they were born that way..." Draco suddenly lowers his head and inhales deeply, as if he was overcome by certain memories. A few seconds pass and he seizes my hand and gives it a light squeeze. "Makes me glad that you could help me see your kind in a different light. I don't even want to imagine where my life would be if I still had those prejudice views I had about muggles. I would probably be more horrible than I was."