32. Everything Changes

Some days later.

"This has certainly turned out better than I expected." I commented as I looked at my surroundings with pride. The process of planning this party was a struggle, admittedly, but it all came together in the end. Rather than booking a place to hold the engagement party, Draco and I opted for something more intimate in our own home. With the help of Ginny and Draco we managed to turn my apartment into a much bigger version of itself, with the use of magic of course. The kitchen area was at least twice the size of it's original self with plenty of space in the middle to mingle and dance, if people were that enthusiastic of course. I wondered if everyone who we invited would turn up - we certainly did send invites to a few familiar faces.

"I told you it would." Ginny grins at me as she looked around, clearly proud of her contribution. "You wouldn't think this was a dingy apartment which someone lives in."

"Hey, don't be cheeky. There's nothing wrong with my apartment." I laughed as I gave her a playful smack on the arm. "Thank you so much for the help anyway. I honestly' couldn't have done it without you."

"And I couldn't have done it without magic." She winked. It was Ginny's idea to blacken out the windows to prevent the natural light from hitting, she did a spell that created candle lights to float in the air above us. They heavily reminded me of the ones used in the great hall in Hogwarts. They lit up the room nicely and gave a very relaxing atmosphere.

"True." I giggled. "And your Mother is a life saver too. I wouldn't have known what food to serve at all." I glance at the buffet with all kinds of different food on the opposite side of the room. The sight of the freshly made stu's, lasagne, chicken, pizzas and the aroma of baked goods made my mouth water.

"George and Percy are bringing at least three boxes full of alcohol, so you are sorted in that area too." There was a slight mischief in her voice.

"Well I am very grateful. Maybe this party won't' be so bad after all." I shrugged with a smile. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not an avid party person so the idea of today made me nervous. Despite my relationship with a Malfoy being more accepted now than it was a few months ago, I still couldn't get rid of the dreaded feeling that something could always go wrong.

"Nothing will go wrong." Ginny says as if she were reading my mind. "But there is one thing that can go wrong."

I frowned. "What is that?"

Ginny smirked. "Us not being ready. This thing starts in a half hour so let's go before people start to arrive."

I laughed as I followed Ginny out the kitchen door. She was nice enough to arrive early this morning to help me with the preparations so I needed to make sure that I repay her in some way to show my gratitude. As we were walking down the hallway and towards my bedroom, Draco emerged from the bathroom looking fresh and groomed. I could tell he just shaved judging by how smooth his face looked. His hair, brushed back in his usual slick fashion, was still a little bit damp from his shower. He greeted Ginny and I with a sincere smile, flashing his perfect teeth which he had me whiten this morning using my magic.

"Hey Malfoy." Ginny says. "Nice suit. You look like you're about to head to one of those muggle awards ceremony. Red carpet stuff."

Draco looked satisfied with Ginny's comment which I suppose you could count as a compliment. Draco did always want to look like what Ginny just said to him, he had expensive taste in his attire.

"Thank you, Weasley." Draco gave her a curt nod before he brought his eyes to me and smirked. "However, I do feel over dressed a bit...."

I laughed while shaking my head. "Don't fret, I'm not going to be in my pyjamas for much longer, Ginny and I are heading to get changed just now."