6. Things Man-Friends Do

"Are you both sure you don't want to stay for any longer?" Narcissa Malfoy asks Draco and me just as we approached the front door. It was currently 5:30 in the evening and we had spent all day at the Malfoy Manor. We spent most of it eating and talking about various topics such as the Wedding – Which Draco and I agreed probably wouldn't happened until late next year – much to Narcissa's delight, it was nice to see her happy, even if it was only going to be for a few hours.

"We're sure Mother. Hermione has to be up early in the morning for her training at St Mungo's." Draco responds politely as he puts his arm around me. "And I think I will spend the night over at Hermione's tonight if that is okay with you."

"It was lovely being over here today, thank you for having me again." I tell her with a smile. "I hope to see you again soon."

"Oh well if you both insist – I won't keep you then." Narcissa opens up the door for us and walks us out. "Thanks for coming over, it was nice to have the company."

The cold October air made my muscles clench tight and I wrapped my jacket tightly around me – I really wished I had worn a heavier one. Narcissa and Draco chatted to each other silently as we walked towards the gate in the front garden, I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I had a feeling it had something to do with Lucius. This triggered an uneasy feeling within, I thought about what Draco said to be earlier – about him feeling something bad will happen – and that stuck with me throughout the day, even when I was sitting down having dinner with Draco and Narcissa. Draco has this way of unintentionally scaring me with his words, although he doesn't actually mean to, I wasn't going to make it clear to him that I was paranoid either. We said no more of that matter since our talk in his bedroom; in fact Lucius Malfoy is the last person I want to talk about. The hatred I have for him is strong, but it will never be intense as Draco's. That man makes my blood boil merely for all the horrible things he has put his Family through, coward.

"I'll come over tomorrow, and I'll take Hermione with me over the weekend." Draco tells his Mother.

"I'll have some food ready for you then," Narcissa smiles at her son before she turns to me. "I look forward to seeing you again dear; it was a pleasure having you here today."

I thank Narcissa once again for her hospitality and Draco and I say goodbye to her before we step outside the front gates. We took flight on Draco's broom and I take a sharp intake of breath as a sudden gush of wind crashes over us, causing the broom to wobble. I of course screeched so loudly that it could have caught the attention of everyone below us. Draco laughed loudly and I scolded him for not paying attention to what was in front of him. His sneer's trail off in my mind as I look back to the Malfoy manor until it disappears in the distance. It was only then that the profound feeling of paranoia about "something bad" came back. I really wished Draco didn't tell me any of that.

I squeezed my eyes shut after I feel the sudden urge to vomit

****************************************************

Draco and I landed around the back of the apartment building in an abandoned alley way where nobody could see us; this was where we usually landed. Nobody came here apart from residents in the building to dump their rubbish in the dumpster's, this definitely resulted in a foul smell. I glanced at the large dumpster that was practically over flowing with black sacks and spoiled foods, this really didn't help with my weak stomach.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Draco says casually. "You're still not used to flying huh?"

"I just don't feel well, and it's freezing out here." I made my voice sound a little too harsh and I immediately gave Draco an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap."