2. Ferret Intrusion

Heeeey!! I've recently started posting Stay By My Side on fanfiction.net and I'm uploading at least 1-2 chapters per week. So if any of you happen to have an account on there my username is NickiTxox as well, so go ahead and follow me if ya want. 

Wattpad and Fanfiction.net are the ONLY sites where Stay By My Side will be posted for the time being.

I'm going to try and update for this story at least once a week for now <3 

Enjoy the chapter.

___________________________________________________________

Hermione POV

His lips were warm and smooth as they brushed against my own. I stiffened when his hands planted themselves on my waist, but his light, heart-warming chuckle managed to loosen me up again. Moving his right hand up to the nape of my neck he seized my lips once again with his own, only this kiss was more powerful more passionate sending heat to my cheeks, butterflies to my stomach and taking my breath away all at the same time. I gripped onto his arm and pulled him closer into me until we practically became one.

All of a sudden he stopped and pulled away instantly before things got too hot and heavy. Alarmed, I looked up to him but I say nothing.

"So how was your day?" He casually asks, his hand scratching the back of his head.

I raised my eyebrows. "Seriously? First you almost give me a heart attack, you kiss me like that and then you ask how my day went? I am unsure of what to feel right now..." Draco's random behavior was confusing to say the least.

He deeply laughed. "Well, I do apologize sincerely for traumatising you. I don't feel like getting stabbed with a huge piece of glass, so I won't do it again. I just came by to surprise you."

"Yeah?" I smiled. "Well you certainly achieved that. And my day was fine, thank you for asking. Although I am a bit sleepy at the moment, it was a busy day." 

"That's good. You'll be a fully qualified healer before you know it," He puts his arm around my shoulder and places a small kiss on the side of my head. "Oh, and sorry about making you drop that jug. I'll clean it up for you."

I rolled my eyes and I looked over to the broken shards of glass all over the floor and the orange juice which seemed to be spreading rapidly. "Right, you're buying me a new jug too. Cockroach."

He laughed all the way to the counter where he retrieved kitchen paper and a black rubbish bag. I knelt down beside him and he handed me the roll of tissues, I dried up the floor while he manually picked up the glass, piece by piece, and discarded them into the black bag.

"So, why did you want to surprise me?" I asked him without looking up.

"To ask you if you wanted to go out to me tomorrow night...like a... uh... date thing or whatever you want to call it." He says with a slight hint of nervousness in his voice. "There's this restaurant not far off from here, five star. I was thinking we could go there?"

I paused with the cleaning and look up at him, I felt warm inside. "You want to take me out to a restaurant where muggles eat? Wow the tables have turned."

Draco shrugged as he tied a knot on top of the bag when he finished picking up all the pieces of glass. "Yes, I want to. There's no reason why I shouldn't mix with that lifestyle, considering you and I are together, it makes sense. And besides, seeming as one day we'll both be living around here somewhere together one day, I want to get used to the muggle way of things." 

He kept an expressionless look at all time and spoke casually, like this was no big deal to him. However I could see in his eyes that he meant what he said. He was trying to make an effort.