14. It Kills Me Too

Hermione

Three days felt more like three years. Each hour that passed was utter agony, each minute was worse. I have not heard from or seen Draco since he left me that note telling me that he was going to see his Father. I have no idea where he is, he left his key behind on that night so my hopes of coming home to him waiting for me were crushed. The longer he was gone, the more my anxiety increased. Every night I stayed up past midnight waiting for Draco in case he came back, but nobody came. This wasn't really a good idea considering I was like a zombie going into St Mungos the following morning, but I had to keep a smile on my face and pretend like everything was okay. I had to convince myself that everything was going to be okay. I knew that Draco was strong and he was going to come back to me.

I was not okay.

My Fiancée is missing after visiting his psychotic Father in Azkaban, this wasn't a normal situation. Not even for Draco.

I slumped in the door after my day at St Mungos feeling like a complete wreck. I was deprived of sleep and I had a headache coming on. Regardless I still searched my apartment with the small hope that I would find Draco lurking around somewhere, but as I expected he wasn't here. I was alone. I sighed heavily as I poured out some hot coffee into my red mug feeling like things couldn't get any worse than this. How much longer do I have to wait for something to come up? Should I ask somebody if they knew about Draco's whereabouts? Who could I possibly ask? As far as I was aware, Draco had no friends nearby that I could get in contact with. Narcissa Malfoy was out of the question for now, I knew that Draco definitely wouldn't appreciate if I informed his mother about what he has been up to. But I knew that I would have to bring the topic up with her if things got worse. I even made contact with the Aurors programme to see if Draco turned up recently but they told me he didn't, and that I should tell him that he needs to turn up otherwise there'll be trouble. I was at a loss over what to do next.

Just as I sat down at the table to finish my coffee, there was a knock at the door. A loud one. Immediately I sprung up from my seat and dashed through the hallway –almost slipping in the process- and I was practically out of breath by the time I reached it. I had high hopes as I turned the key and unlocked the door, at this stage I didn't even care that he was gone for three days, I was just happy to have him home and -

It wasn't Draco, it was Ginny.

My smile faded as I looked at the beaming red-head clutching a paper bag in her hands. She raised her eyebrows in question as she noticed my disappointed look. "Hermione? Aren't you happy to see me?"

"It's not that. Sorry I just thought you were Draco." I told her truthfully with a shrug.

"I take it he still hasn't come back then?" She asked me with a sad look in her eye. Ginny was the only person I confided in over my worries for Draco.

"No, he hasn't." I confirmed as I stood aside, allowing Ginny to step in. I popped my head out the door and looked from side to side before I closed it again.

"I'm sorry Hermione. I'm sure he'll come back soon." She tells me in a kind voice which sounded a bit forced. I knew that she was angry over what Draco done but she didn't say anything about it. "I just thought that I would come over and cheer you up. I bought some stuff along the way."

"Thank you Ginny, your support is much appreciated as always." I replied as she followed me into the kitchen. I took another long sip of my coffee before I eyed the paper bad in Ginny's hand. "What did you buy?"

Ginny smiled at me as she laid the contents of the bag onto the table. "Wine. Face masks. And chocolate. I thought we could have a proper girly night in. You look like you could do with it."