Chapter 3 - "Don't Touch What's Mine."

[ E D I T E D ]

Chapter 3 - "Don't Touch What's Mine

Chapter 3 - "Don't Touch What's Mine."

I stare up in complete and utter amazement as the beautiful goddess in front of me says that I'm hers. That's when I make sense of the yelling in my head.

'MATE, MATE, M—"

So, she is my Mate?! This wonderful creature, divine looking angel, who's currently glaring down a group of boys almost twice her size without an ounce of fear is my Mate?

Sharp gasps and murmurs of shock and surprise erupt from my group of bullies, and one of them even goes as far as asking his question out loud. "He is your Mate?" I hear Dalton's voice asking, and I tear my eyes off the warrior princess — who reeks of extreme power and authority — to twist my neck around and see his reaction. The weight of her magnetic presence almost makes me want to bow my head down in submission.

I suppress the urge to smirk as my Mate drags her eyes off me with irritation and shoots him the deadliest glare known to man. I feel a sliver of real fear—making my heartbeat go wild—at the cold, inhuman look on her beautiful face, at the way her steel grey eyes harden to the point they almost turn to rocks at the harshness and indifference in them. Involuntarily, my knees come up to my chest and my arms automatically go around them, in an almost shielding manner, to protect myself. It's a habitual action that I'd been doing ever since I was a kid when my mother ill-treated me, or worse.

Dalton backs off without a second thought, his eyes going down in a show of submission. My gaze goes back to my Mate, who raises one brow, making them all skedaddle quickly and leave the place. Justin tries to help Chance up by grabbing him by the elbows, but my Mate raises one finger in silent command, freezing him.

Justin nods fearfully at her and releases his hold on Chance, obeying instantly. Mate steps forward and looks Chance down with disgust evident in her eyes, and I watch in morbid fascination as her full pink lips pull back to reveal sharp, extended canines, that gleam in the bright fluorescent lights — a sign that her Wolf is on the surface — and a ferocious growl rips from her throat. I resist my Wolf's urge to submit to the power emanating off of her, watching with wide eyes as she reaches down and grabs him by the collar with one hand. Her slim fingers form a tight fist and she slams it into his chest without a second of hesitation, just below his heart.

Definitely a broken rib.

"Uh!" He falls back to the ground with a grunt of pain and she uses her leg this time, kicking him hard on his ankle. She presses her foot down forcefully, not letting him move his leg as he cries out in pain, his back arching off the ground.

"Don't you dare touch what's mine. You hear me?" She threatens in a low, calm voice, though anyone could sense the carefully hidden fury and violence in it. Her foot presses down harder on his ankle, making him yell harder.