Chapter 35 - "What Part Of I Fucking Love You Don't You Understand?"

WARNING: HEAVY CURSING AHEAD.

Chapter 35 - "What Part Of I Fucking Love You, Don't You Understand?"

I stare at her swiftly retreating back, shell-shocked.

"No, she didn't."

"W-What?" I stutter out one word, unable to think enough to coordinate my words.

"I said, 'She didn't'." Beta Ezra repeats, and I finally gather myself to turn around and meet the identical blue eyes of my brother.

Brother.

The word still seems so foreign.

"She thinks she did, but I know she didn't." He says, looking directly at my eyes for the first time since yesterday's fiasco.

"Oh." I say stupidly, "What really happened?" I question after a moment, unable to help myself from asking.

"That, you'll have to ask her." He shrugs, turning to glance in the direction of his friend. He then turns to me. "C'mon, let's go."

I proffer him a nod and we both leave to the parking lot, knowing that she'll be waiting, but fuming at the same time.

+ + +

On the whole way home, I don't utter a single word.

Seneca is back to being the cold Alpha who won't bare her feelings to anyone, with her spine ramrod straight and her fingers holding the steering wheel in a white-knuckled grip that makes me idly wonder how the poor wheel hasn't snapped into two yet.

I can feel the animosity radiating off her, and I don't dare push her, for fear of getting my head bitten off.

She swerves around the fountain and pulls up in front of the main door, pulling the keys off the ignition. She then exhales deeply and undoes her seatbelt, getting out of the car with a slam of her door.

I sigh, getting out after her as well.

"Seneca." I call, testing the waters.

"Please don't." She implores quickly, turning around with her back to me.

"But—"

"Please." She still doesn't turn around, but her voice is so small, so vulnerable, I decide to not push it further.

"Fine." I sigh again, and I can see the tense set of her shoulders loosening slightly, relief almost palpably exuding off her frame.

She scurries inside the house without a word, making her way straight to her office. I shake my head and make my way to our room, deciding to do the rest of those problems Mr. Devon assigned us.