Chapter 16 - "Sniffles And Whimpers." |Part II|

DEDICATED TO acheairs

Chapter 16 - "Sniffles and Whimpers

Chapter 16 - "Sniffles and Whimpers."

"So let's move this picture to the next page, it will make it look less congested," I suggest and Nicole nods, removing the paper clip.

Thunder rolls across the sky, sending a flash of lightning. Rain hammers against the roof, the sound of it powerful and majestic, showing just how powerful Mother Nature is. Tonight it seems like Earth is unleashing her anger, because the downpour seems to be going on forever.

I hope the city doesn't get flooded like that Indian one.

The closed curtains light up for a second, like someone just clicked the flash of the world's biggest camera, before dimming. I rub my cold forearms in an attempt to warm it, and search for the glue stick in the clustered table full of things, but it's nowhere in sight.

Guess I left it in my room.

"I'll go fetch the glue stick,"  I stare and stand up, stretching my joints, when the door bursts open.

Beta Ezra is standing there, dripping wet from head to toe, as if he'd run all the way here, from somewhere, in the rain. He's out of breath and he's panting, but he doesn't bend or show any signs of strain.

The things training can do...

"Go to Seneca's room. Now," He orders, his voice hard and command intact, even if it's in-between hard breaths.

"What? Why?" I question, confused.

Beta Ezra eyes Nicole for a second and then his eyes meet mine again. "Because," He evades my query.

"No, She told me not to go there." I reply, and turn back to the table, collecting the completed sheets and stacking them up in a neat pile.

"Aleph Micajah, Please do as I say." He repeats, politer this time, albeit still rough.

"No, She is the one who's angry for no reason. Not me," I say defensively, not meeting his accusing gaze.

"Will you do it or not?"

"Can't you get it?! If I apologize now, she'll think I'm weak and never respect me!" I yell, turning around and glaring at him.

"Aleph boy, I'll ask you one last time, Will you do it or not?" He repeats, fury lacing his words. His fists ball and jaw clinches to a hard plane as he awaits my million dollar reply with impatient and rage-filled eyes, but I don't give in.

"No," I reply stubbornly, crossing my arms.

"Okay, then. Come to me yelling about something, and you'll see what I do." He warns threateningly. He sends a cool, loaded intimidating look Nicole's way, a one that reminds me how powerful he actually is.