Chapter 16 - "Sniffles And Whimpers." |Part I|

Thank u soooooo much for reading all these chapters! U've read so much, now all u have to do is press THAT ORANGE STAR!!!

Please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top?

*Offers cookie* 🍪🍪🍪

Now? :)

I hope that convinced you to VOTE! :)

* * *

Chapter 16 - "Sniffles And Whimpers

Chapter 16 - "Sniffles And Whimpers."

I walk at a leisurely pace, shoving my hands into my pockets and enjoying the cool breeze. The wind blows softly, making my hair fly from my forehead.

What a pleasant weather...

Just kidding.

The afternoon sun is scorching, burning right overhead. But I still walk slowly, 'cause I want time to think.

Lunch isn't over yet, and since Seneca seemed to be overly eager to avoid being late, I'd told her to go.

Now, There's a handful of minutes remaining for the first bell and my class is only 10 steps far from where I'm standing; which is in front of the building by the way.

Seneca had earlier dragged me to the school garden if you're wondering.

Going off topic, Micajah.

Yeah, so where was I?

In front of the building.

I sigh and rush to climb the front steps, because if I stand one more minute in the burning heat, I'd get a heat stroke. I push open the sliding double doors and get in, and the rush of conditioned cool air that greets me with open arms make me sigh in delight.

Overdramatic, I know.

I open my eyes and expect nothing of consequence, but as usual, there's always something that I don't want to see.

In this case, I see the back of a short girl, and a blond ponytail, which is unmistakably the stunted form of Nora—standing in front of my class. The hallways are deserted because no one here wants to be that dork who always comes early to class.

What the heck is she doing here?

I'm about to turn around and take the other route, which is through the back door of the building, when she senses my presence and turns around.

Crap.

"Mike!" I'm prepared to even run if that's what it takes, but the desperation and hysteria in her usually bubbly voice stop me in my tracks. I reluctantly turn my eyes to her, and the sight that meets me makes my heart squeeze painfully.