Chapter 6 - "I Don't Like Repeating Myself."

[ E D I T E D ]

Chapter 6 - "I Don't Like Repeating Myself

Chapter 6 - "I Don't Like Repeating Myself."

"Mother?" She echoes, eyes wide and mouth parted in shock. I offer a feeble nod in return, fearing what she might be thinking about me right now. My eyes slide down on their own, fixing themselves on my battered sneakers, unable to face the shock and revulsion that is sure to be there in her expression.

"Why would," I hear her swallow thickly. She seems to be at a loss for words. In the end, all she whispers is,"Why?"

I take in a shaky breath and raise my shoulders in what I hope is a nonchalant shrug, but I suspect that she saw right through it. I keep my eyes stubbornly latched on my shoes, forcing myself to study the worn-out pattern of the laces and patched-up sides. I feel a warm feather-like touch glide across the skin of my neck, and my body reacts instantly, a shiver of heated desire consuming me. Awareness of my other half blossoms from the innocent touch, spreading from my neck, raising gooseflesh. I hesitantly look up to see Alpha Seneca gazing at me, a myriad of emotions swirling in her stormy eyes.

When my eyes lock into hers, it feels like an invisible string has been wrapped around us, drawing us together with a pull so strong that it is impossible to deny. I can't seem to tear my gaze away from my Mate and hopefully, she feels the same too.

The hand on my neck applies a little pressure, and I gasp sharply at the sudden pain. Alpha Seneca withdraws her hand like she touched fire, and a small whimper escapes her lips at my pain-filled expression.

I watch with morbid fascination as the sorrow in her eyes transforms into barely controlled fury, as the fire returns back to those grey orbs, hardening them. She looks ready to kill, like a beast crouched and ready to pounce. Her entire frame ignites with the emotion, emotion that slips past the cracks in her hard exterior.

But this time, the knowledge that the anger isn't directed at me, but at the person who hurt me, does a lot to my self-esteem.

Her long fingers curl into tight fists and she clenches her jaw, looking hard at the marks marring my light skin.

"Would you mind it too much, if I hurt your mother physically?" She inquires in a clipped tone, spitting out the word 'mother' with undiluted venom.

My mouth falls open at the sudden question, my mind scrambling to reply. I open and close it like a fish out of water, unable to comprehend an answer. "I . . . um . . .yes." I reply finally, shocking myself with my answer.

She cocks one shapely brow inquisitively, and I struggle to form a coherent answer and explain myself. "I-It's because, S-she . . . um—It's hard to explain!" I burst out, throwing my hands up in frustration. I study her face for any reaction, but much to my disappointment she has ebbed in her emotions and her cool mask is back in place, obscuring anything that might give away the slightest hint to her thoughts.