Chapter 8 - "They're In A Tangle."

DEDICATED TO Anacardaceae.

Chapter 8 - "They're In A Tangle

Chapter 8 - "They're In A Tangle."

"Ugh!" I groan, kicking off the mountain of sheets.

I tried. I really did.

But I just can't go to sleep. Something is bothering me, I have this restless feeling that urges me to do something. I just don't know what that is.

'Really?' My Wolf mocks, and I roll my eyes at him. I can just feel him shaking his head as if to say, 'Tsk, tsk, denial is not good.'

Alright, I'll admit it.

I'm missing my Mate.

And knowing that she's somewhere close to me on the other side of the wall is what that's keeping me up.

There, I said it.

It's not my fault, okay? It's just how we are created. We crave our other half's presence and there's nothing that can be done to stop this restless, fitful feeling, except being in their company, of course. I just have to get used to it.

I blow air out of my cheeks and I turn to the side, to look at the small bedside clock.

2:30 am.

"Goddess, have mercy!" I cry out, pressing the heel of my palms to my eyes, squeezing them shut.

As if on cue, I hear the turn of a lock, and I pull my hands away from my eyes, raising my head from the fluffy mountain of pillows. My bedroom door swings open with a silent whine, letting light flow into the inky darkness. My vision blinds for a second before I blink the sensitivity away and get a look at the person.

Alpha Seneca.

She stands there with a hand resting on the doorknob and the other placed loosely on the doorframe. The moonlight from the parted curtains illuminates her form, making her angelic features more otherworldly.

She's wearing a gray sleeveless tee and white knit shorts, is barefoot and her face is clean of any makeup as always, with her red hair a disarray of messy curls atop her head. But if someone can pull off the 'Just rolled out of bed' look better than a model, it is most definitely, without a doubt, her.

"Um, hi?" I say and I wanna smack myself for making that mono-syllabic word sound like a question.

She doesn't say anything. Instead, she steps into the room, closing the door behind her. My heartbeat becomes rapid with anticipation, not having a clue of what to expect from this Alpha dressed in her PJs.