Chapter 24 - "Your Thoughts Are The Dirtiest. Ever."

DEDICATED TO _Selena_Lover_

Chapter 24 - "Your Thoughts Are The Dirtiest

Chapter 24 - "Your Thoughts Are The Dirtiest. Ever."

"Well," Seneca pauses, looking intensely at a point somewhere behind me.

"I guess you could say that..." She trails off, "That Daemon is my only enemy." She finishes, focusing her gaze on me.

"'Only' enemy? I thought being such an Alpha would've earned you many of them?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah...I do have a lot of them, but I just don't consider them worthy to be my enemy." She shrugs, "To actually be someone's enemy, you have to have some sort of...capacity, you know? Just because someone says that their my enemy, doesn't make them one." She looks at me pointedly, and I slowly nod in understanding.

Gulp. I never knew that my Mate is actually that lethal.

"This is why I didn't want to tell you." She snaps and stands up quickly, turning around.

I grab her wrist quickly to stop her. "'This'? What do you mean by that?" I repeat, looking up to meet her burning gaze with a raised brow.

"That...That fear in your eyes...You don't know what it does to me," She says in a thick voice, blinking rapidly as she does so.

What?!

"Hey, hey, Seneca!" I cajole, pulling her down to sit back on the couch with me. She initially resists, but when I tug hard enough, she gives up, collapsing on it. "Listen," I try to grab her chin and make her look at me, but she's just so stubborn, it's just so frustrating!

'And hot,' My Wolf adds, grinning suggestively.

'Very important to think about 'that' now!' I snap at him, but it is a half-hearted attempt, because I couldn't agree more.

'Who's the pervert here, now?' My Wolf mocks, and I shut him out.

"Seneca, please." I cup both her cheeks in my palms, forcing her eyes to me. "I'm not afraid of you, okay? I'm not. It's just...you can't blame me here, I need some time to adapt!" I exclaim, looking at her with pleading eyes.

Her hard graphite eyes soften at the corners, melting into pools of mercury.

"Okay," She whispers, placing her right hand above mine on her cheeks. "I'll try my best." She assures me, and the heavy weight in my heart lifts.

"Love you," I profess, and I'm surprised by how naturally those words flow out.

She smiles softly, and leans forward, pressing her lips to mine.