Chapter 29 - "I Know You Won't Be Needing Much Clothes Tonight."

Shoutout to @secretodyssey

Micajah Rye's PoV:

Chapter 29 - "I Know You Won't Be Needing Much Clothes, Tonight."

"Move in with me?" Seneca's soprano voice calls me, and I turn around in surprise.

After our epic kiss, we'd spent an hour in the park, under the stars, just making mindless conversation. Finally, when the clock hit 10, we had to leave, because it was a school night.

On reaching home, I'd kissed Seneca one more time, and we'd restrained ourselves before things got too heated, departing to our respective rooms. I'd been expecting and hoping that Seneca would come here, when I was sorting out my books for tomorrow, but not this.

"Really?" I ask, unable to control my surprise.

Seneca pushes herself off the doorframe, walking to me.

"Yes, Really. And about that stupid punishment...I'm so sorry about that. I just...I knew that if I threatened Nora, you'd get hurt," She's almost a foot away from me now, "and if I don't threaten her, I'll become mental with all the...rage. So, I lashed out at you without thinking...I...I shouldn't have done that...And, I'm so sorry for what I did—"

I place my hand over her mouth, covering her mouth with my palm. "Shh," I shush, giving her a stern look. "I would've been hurt, had you not come to my room that night. But you did, and that made me happy. So, stop apologizing over nothing, and help me pack my things to your room, already."

I feel her grinning broadly under my hand. She then shoves my hand away from her mouth with a smirk.

"Oh, I don't know about anything, but I know you won't be needing many clothes." She winks suggestively, and instantly, dark red splotches bloom across my cheeks, coloring them a dark shade of pink.

"Shut up!"

+++

"Micajah Rye, your mother wants to see you." Mr. Bennet informs, looking up from the note that the volunteer in the school's office just brought in.

All eyes turn to me, as people immediately jolt up from their half-asleep state. I flush slightly in embarrassment.

When he looks at me expectantly, I stand up in confusion, scratching my temple with a finger.

"Um, Me?" I point to myself, raising my brows.

"Yes. Who else is named Micajah here?" Mr. Bennet asks sarcastically, smiling as he shakes his head.

"Uh, Okay..." I sigh and put my book back into my bag, zipping it close. I sling it over my shoulder and make my way out, thanking the volunteer and Mr. Bennet as I make my exit.