Chapter 4

Nick

As I went back into the gym, after saying goodbye to Demi, I couldn't help but to feel like she was becoming a little too overbearing. I knew she was just worried about me, but I feel like she was going to keep trying to get me to give up fighting all together, because that's what she really wanted me to do. I didn't want it to come between us, so I was going to have to have a discussion with her, if I continued to feel this way. 

I watched two guys in the cage, for a moment, wishing I could get in there with them. I knew I would be back in there, eventually, but I also knew Demi wouldn't like it.

I went over to the punching bags & put my gloves on, just as Jay & Ryan came over, bringing along another one of the guys who we hung out with, Juan.

  "Did the ball & chain say it was okay to stay & play with us?" Jay teased as he poked me in the chest.    

I smacked his arm & twisted his finger a little as I smirked at him

I smacked his arm & twisted his finger a little as I smirked at him. "Yes, she said it was okay as long as I don't miss curfew."

Jay smirked as Juan & Ryan laughed at my sarcasm & I went back to punching the bags. Jay & Ryan both put on gloves & started taking turns hitting the bag as one of us held it. "So you want to get in the cage for a round?" Jay asked me, as he held the bag.

I stopped throwing punches & looked at him. "I don't know if I should get in the cage, man. I have a head injury." I chuckled at him & he rolled his eyes.

"Yea, I would wait until after the doctor clears you." Ryan chimed in.

"We don't have to hit the head area." Jay remarked, with, yet another eye roll.

"I think I will play it safe." I said.

Jay snickered behind his hand & nodded. "Whatever you say. Or should I say whatever Demi says."

"Dude, fuck off. It's what my doctor said." I replied, starting to get annoyed.

"Right, right. But you know you got a ball & chain now. You gotta do what she says or you face the wrath." Jay was smirking behind the bag as he leaned on it.

"She doesn't control me." I stood up, straight & started pulling off one of my gloves with my teeth. I was getting pissed, so Ryan came over to help me. "Thanks." I muttered to him, then looked up to see Jay looking at me with a stupid grin on his face. "She doesn't. I can do what I want."

"Really? Well, I must be mistaken, then. You gonna come out with us tonight?" Jay asked, taking off his gloves.

"I told Demi I'd...." I started to say, then stopped when Jay was smirking at me with his 'I told you' face. "I'll send her a text to let her know I'm going out with you tonight & I don't know that I'll be over." I raised my eyebrows at him as I pulled my phone out.