Chapter 12

Nick

I couldn't worry about Demi being mad at me as I prepared for my fight on Saturday. I was fighting a guy called Vic Morina & he was vicious, from what I heard around the fighting scene. Vicious Vic was his name in the cage, for a reason. I wanted to focus on bringing him down to the floor of the cage & having him submit. Or a knockout would be good, too.

As soon as Demi hung up on me, I took in a deep breath & tried to forget she existed, so I could concentrate on getting in the right frame of mind for my fight. I let my breath out & put my phone back in my gym bag. Jay, Ryan & I were at a local gym getting a workout in, before we ate a quick lunch, then we were relaxing until we had to report to the fight location. 

Ryan & Jay took turns teasing me about Demi, because that is what they did best. They loved to gang up on me, sometimes. Ryan, though, would never be as brutal as my own brother was. Ryan had a big heart & was the best friend either Jay or I have ever had, besides each other. The three of us had each other's backs & people, in our world, knew this.

My fight with Vic was the first one on the card & Ryan was in my corner, so Jay stayed outside the cage. Jay was going to be in Ryan's corner during his fight & I was going to be in Jay's corner during his. Delta was just outside the cage, as was her dad's friend who had organized this event. Lisa stayed in a seat, nearby, with the wife of the friend.

I hadn't been in a fight like this before, but I had been to a few & heard about them from other fighters. It definitely was brutal. Vic had a powerful punch, so my face took most of the brutality. He wasn't a match for my legs, though, because once I got his neck in my leg grip, he tapped out, declaring me the winner. I took my victory lap around the cage, then went to get looked at by the doctor, as well as get cleaned up.

Ryan & Jay were with me in the locker room, as the doctor patched up my facial wounds

Ryan & Jay were with me in the locker room, as the doctor patched up my facial wounds. Jay was throwing punches into Ryan's gloved hands, since his fight was up next. His opponent outweighed Jay by at least forty pounds, so Ryan & I were both concerned, but Jay was as confident as he always was. Jay wasn't big, but he was strong & quick. He was also smart & cocky, which sometimes helped him win.

I was in Jay's corner but I wasn't in there very long, since he knocked his opponent out during the first two minutes of the second round. The guy went down hard & Jay barely had a scratch on him. Once he was cleaned up & checked out by the doctor, we all headed out for Ryan's fight. I stood against the cage, watching as Ryan got several good hits in right off the bat. He won the first round, then his enemy won the second.