Chapter 28

Nick

On the day of Demi's ultrasound appointment, I was pretty busy, thankfully. I was so anxious to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, that it helped to keep my mind off of it. I was training people, having gotten a few new male clients & I had a photoshoot, in the gym, for new promotional ads. My dad was taking full advantage of me being a model & he didn't have to pay me, as per the contract, I signed with the agency. I was a fighter, in his gym, so he could use me, without having to pay the agency. I was happy to do it, because I had been being photographed for my dad's gym for several years. 

After lunch, I worked out with Ryan & Jay, until I had to leave for the appointment. Ryan had found out he & Lisa were having a boy, about six weeks earlier, so he was pumped. I joked that if I had a girl, we could have our kids get married one day. Thinking of having a girl made me nervous, quite honestly, since I wasn't raised around girls, so I didn't know much about them. It would definitely be easier to have a boy & the thought of carrying on my legacy, with a son, gave me a sense of pride. I tried not to think too much about either one, because I didn't want to get my hopes up. I just wanted to know, either way.

Demi had called me on her lunch break & asked me if I was still going to be able to make it to her appointment

Demi had called me on her lunch break & asked me if I was still going to be able to make it to her appointment. I sighed, rolling my eyes as I shook my head. "Demi... I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said into the phone. 

"Just making sure something didn't come up." She replied with a slight chuckle. We talked for a few more minutes, then she sighed. "I gotta get back to work. I'll see you in a little bit. I love you."

"I love you, too. You sure you don't want me to pick you up?"

"No, it's kind of out of your way, so I'll just meet ya there."

"Okay, baby. I'll see you soon. Bye." I disconnected once Demi said goodbye, then finished eating my lunch with the guys. 

I showered & changed after working out, then headed to the doctor's office to meet Demi. When I pulled into the parking lot, I scanned the cars to see if I could spot Demi's SUV, but didn't see it. I may have missed it, so I parked & went inside the building. In the waiting room, I didn't see Demi, which surprised me a little. It was ten minutes before three, so maybe Demi would be here any minute, so I sat down & checked my phone. Demi hadn't sent me a message to say she was running late, so I figured she would come walking through the door soon.

 Demi hadn't sent me a message to say she was running late, so I figured she would come walking through the door soon