Chapter 17

Demi 

As I got closer to where I heard the screams, I realized they were sex screams, then I saw Delta's SUV moving. At first, I thought someone was being hurt, which is why I went to investigate. I had gotten out of my car & was walking toward the gym when I heard them. I got to her SUV & realized she was inside of it, fucking someone. Probably Carter & I really didn't want to see him. The screaming stopped, so I started walking away. My phone buzzed in my pocket, so I stopped walking, to check it. It was a text from Michelle telling me she was free that night, because Jay was going to the bar to keep Nick company. Just reading his name, made me miss him. I sighed, putting my phone back in my purse. I would reply to her when I got inside the gym. I started walking again, then heard the door of Delta's car open & I heard a low male voice, but for some reason, it didn't sound like Carter's tone. I turned around just as Delta & Nick came around the car. They froze when they saw me, probably thinking no one would be around. I felt like I wanted to be sick. He fucked her. He was single, he could do whatever or whoever he wanted, but it still stung really bad to know that he had sex with Delta.

I stared at them, not believing my eyes, even though it was right in front of me, screaming at me. "I heard someone scream & I thought someone was hurting you." I said, in a hoarse whisper. "Glad you're okay." I said, then turned & started walking toward the gym. I needed to get away from them as fast as I could, but I didn't want to look like I was running from them.

I heard footsteps & heard Nick yell out my name. I ignored him & kept walking, but he caught up to me, still saying my name. "Please stop, Demi. I need to explain."

I turned around to face him, trying not to burst into tears. I was emotional now that I was pregnant, so I was crying at the drop of a hat, these days. I blinked a few times. "You don't have to explain. You're a single guy. You can do whatever you want in the back of a SUV."

Delta came running up to us, now, looking worried

Delta came running up to us, now, looking worried. "Demi, I was pleasuring myself & Nick heard me & wanted to make sure I was okay. I let him in the car & then we got out just as you happened to be there."

I gave Delta a side smirk. "I'm not stupid. I know you were fucking." I looked at Nick, who could not have looked more guilty, if he tried. I gave him an 'I told you so' look & he looked away, quickly. "I really don't need an explanation. Nick isn't my boyfriend. If you cheated on Carter, then that's your business."

"Carter & I aren't exclusive." Delta said in a quiet voice.

"Then you two did nothing wrong." I waved my hand over them & started to turn, but Nick grabbed my arm, stopping me.

Nick held onto my arm as he looked at Delta. "Can you leave us, so I can talk to Demi alone, please?" Delta nodded, then walked off. "I know this looks bad, Demi, but it's not what you think." 

"Nick, we aren't together. You don't have to explain."

"Yes, I do. I don't want you to think that I was doing that because I wanted to."