Chapter 6

Nick

After Demi left my place, clearly angry with me, I had to take my mind off things, so I started playing video games. I played for hours, until Jay came home, then I vented to him about what happened with Carter & Demi. I told him everything Carter said to me & everything that Demi told me, as an explanation. "You need to figure out if you can keep dealing with this shit. If you can't trust her, then let her go." Jay said, shrugging before taking a swig of his beer.

"I trust her. It's him I don't trust. I also think she wants me to give up fighting."

"Call her or go over there. I'm going to go fuck Michelle." Jay said, his eyebrows twitching upward in a mischievous way.

"Wow. Michelle again?" I chuckled.

"Yea. She's been really busy with work & now she needs a good fucking." He smirked as he headed to the bathroom to shower.

I went back to my video game & played until I started to get tired. I woke up on the couch, when I heard the front door opening. I wiped the drool from my chin as Jay came in. "Did you sleep out here?" He asked, hoarsely.

"Yea, I fell asleep while I was playing."

"You going to the gym with me?" Jay asked as he walked more into the house.

"Uh... yea. Can we swing by Demi's first?" I stood up & leaned backwards to crack my back. Jay stopped to smirk at me with his 'I told you so' expression. "I just want to apologize & see if we could have lunch & talk."

"Sure, little brother. We can swing by her place first." Jay chuckled as he rubbed the top of my head. I gave him a weird look as he turned to walk to his bedroom.

Jay & I both got ready for the gym & then headed to Demi's house

Jay & I both got ready for the gym & then headed to Demi's house. When he pulled up in her driveway, I turned to him. "Her car isn't here. I'm going to see if she's here. Maybe she left her car somewhere." I got out & headed to her front door, where I knocked several times & rang the doorbell. No answer & since it was pretty early, I was sure she hadn't spent the night. I got back in the car & sighed. "She wasn't at Michelle's last night was she?"

Jay glared at me over his shades. "Don't you think I would have told you, bro?"

"I guess. Let's go to the gym. Maybe she had to go into the office early."

"Maybe." Jay said, not sounding like he was convinced. He drove us to the gym & we got out & went inside. Ryan was inside & greeted us, before we headed to the locker room. I was just finishing up getting dressed when Jay whistled, making me turn to look at him. He was looking at his phone, his expression concerned. He looked up at me & frowned. "I think I know where Demi spent the night last night." He said, turning his phone to show me a photo.

I snatched his phone from his hand, then stared at the photo of Demi, looking as if she was in a bed, captioned with "#wcw a day early because she's just as beautiful now as she was the first day I woke up next to her in my bed. It was many years ago, but it feels like yesterday to me." It was Carter's picture, so of course I felt my blood boiling as I looked up at Jay. "What's wcw?"