Chapter 25

Demi

I came out of the locker room, at the gym, ready to get on a treadmill, when I noticed Nick talking to two strange men as his dad looked on. Alvey had a slightly amused look on his face, now, but I couldn't see Nick's face, since he had his back to me. I walked toward them, curiousity getting the best of me.

I didn't make my presence known to Nick, as I got close enough to hear the one man introduce himself. "I'm Munroe Bailey. I'm the Vice President of scouting & development for Wilhelmina modeling agency & this is Geoffrey Davis, one of our scouts."

Nick shook both their hands & glanced at his dad, who shrugged with his eyebrows up. I could see Nick's face & he looked confused. I couldn't believe what they were saying after Nick said, "Okay? What can I do for you?"

"I was doing a photoshoot last week with Marc White & he had a calendar on his desk. I noticed your picture & asked him about you. He showed me all of your pictures from that shoot & said you were a natural in front of the camera. He was right. Each shot was better than the next." Geoffrey Davis said as I stood there with my mouth hanging open. I knew Nick was good looking, but I never imagined he was model material.

"We were hoping you would do an audition photo shoot with one of our photographers, while some directors, agents & us all observe. If they like what they see, you could be signed on as a model." Munroe Bailey said, sounding enthusiastic.

Nick chuckled & shook his head, then got a serious look on his face. "Are you joking?"

 "Are you joking?"

"No, we're not joking. We're very serious. And our agency is one of the top agencies in the country so if you sign with us, you'll get a lot of work & the pay is pretty good, even starting out. So... are you interested?" Mr. Bailey asked.

Nick looked at his dad then grinned as he turned to look back at the men. "Of course I'm interested."

"Great." Geoffrey pulled out a card & handed it to Nick. "Be at that address on Friday at eight a.m. Don't worry about how to dress. Simple is fine, since they'll give you clothes they want you to wear." He stuck his hand out for Nick to shake, then turned to Alvey. "So nice to meet you, Alvey & glad you're protective of your son."

"Well, in the MMA business, we can make a lot of enemies. I was just looking out for my good looking son." Alvey smiled, then squeezed Nick's shoulder. "He gets his dashing good looks from me, in case you were wondering." Alvey laughed hard at his own joke & Nick looked down, looking like he was a little embarrassed by his dad.

 The two men chuckled as they exchanged a look, then they say their goodbyes & left. Nick turned around & laughed as his dad grinned at him. "This is crazy. I could be a fucking model. How's that for a career change?" Nick saw me, at that moment & smiled. "Babe... did you hear?"