Chapter 8

Nick

I love Navy Street. It was home to me, but I was really enjoying hanging out at Chuck Swain's gym. The people were pretty friendly & I could definitely see why Carter was attracted to Delta, Chuck's daughter, who managed the gym. She grew up in Australia, so she had a sexy & adorable accent, but she was also hot as hell. She had legs for days & a smile that could stop traffic, easily. I know I have a girlfriend, who is equally sexy & has an even better smile, in my opinion, but I am a guy after all. I'd have to be gay or dead not to notice Delta's appeal.

Delta was funny, too. Her & I were talking one afternoon about implants & she jokingly accused me of muscle implants. I laughed, then told her to feel for herself, so she did. The moment she touched my arm, our eyes locked & she smiled at me. Suddenly, I realized this could be considered flirting & Delta could read into this wrong, so I looked away. I also stood up, quickly, taking a deep breath, then cleared my throat.

"I won't bite." Delta said, smiling & batting her lashes, as she stood up, too. "Well.... not unless you want me to & you look like you would love a little biting." She reached out to touch my chest & I crossed my arms, quickly, to prevent any contact.

"Delta..." I chuckled, suddenly feeling guilty. "I'm flattered with the flirting, but nothing is gonna happen here, so you shouldn't waste your time."

"Nothing? Nothing at all?" Delta stuck her lip out in a pout. I shook my head, pressing my lips together. "Aww... but I know you would love it."

My eyebrows shot up as I let out another nervous laugh. I was used to girls coming onto me, but for some reason, Delta seemed to have a little more confidence, like she was entitled to me. Maybe it was because her dad was the owner of this gym I had been frequenting. "I don't doubt that, but I happen to be very much in love with my girlfriend." I raised my eyebrows as I watched her.

Delta looked surprised then let out a short laugh

Delta looked surprised then let out a short laugh. "That Demi girl that is friends with Carter?"

I nodded my head & grinned. "Yea. That's her. That beautiful girl who is friends with Carter."

"She is pretty." Delta said, then she stood up straighter as she saw someone over my shoulder. "Dad! Hi. Have you met Nick Jonas yet?"

I turned around to see Chuck Swain standing there, looking me up & down. "Nick Jonas? You related to Alvey Jonas?" He asked, with narrowed eyes.

"Uh... yea, he's my father."

"Alvey is your father?" Chuck let out a loud chuckle & grabbed my hand to shake it. "You gonna come fight over here now? Get away from your dad? I used to fight with him back in the day, so I know he's a loser."

I let out a laugh that was probably louder than it should be. "Um..." I said, smiling & Chuck smacked the back of my shoulder.

"I'm just messin with ya. Your dad is one phenomenal fighter, I'll give him that. You & your brother both fight don't you?" Chuck asked & I nodded. "I think I heard about your fight earlier this year & it was after you were injured pretty bad. Is your dad your manager?"