Chapter 19

Demi

"So Chuck told you that you had to make it to the third round or you'd be sorry, didn't he?" Nick's voice was quiet as he held me in his arms.

I leaned back to look at him, his face tense. "How did you know?"

"Delta told me. He told her to kick you in the stomach if you go down in the first round. Then he wants her to punch you in the stomach in the third round because he thinks you'll be so distracted by worrying about the baby that Delta can win & make Daddy an even richer man." Nick rolled his eyes & shook his head.

"Well, we're fucked I guess." I said then sighed as I pulled myself away from Nick.

"Demi, go down in the first round. Fuck Chuck. I really don't think Delta will kick you. I think she knows how wrong it would be."

"I don't know that for sure, Nick." I saw Joe & Jay come closer to us. "Joe... you look confused." I smiled at him. "I'm pregnant." I blurted out, then laughed when I saw Joe's face.

"Shit. You shouldn't be fighting, Demi." Joe said in a breath.

"Chuck isn't giving her a choice." Nick muttered.

"It's going to be fine. I have a feeling." I said, taking in a breath & puffing out my chest. "I am not letting them win."

"Atta girl." Jay said, with a smirk. 

"Nick, we should get back to your room so you can warm up

"Nick, we should get back to your room so you can warm up." Joe said, putting his hand on Nick's shoulder. Nick nodded, watching me, curiously.

"I wish you would just go down in the first round like we talked about." Nick said, in a low mumble.

"I am not letting them control me. I am going to fight my hardest, Nick. Don't you worry. This fight is in the bag." I smiled, smugly & Nick sighed as he grinned. I looked at Jay. "Would you mind staying in here with me & helping me warm up?"

"Not at all." Jay said, looking touched that I had requested him for this. "OH! I almost forgot. Guess who's down in the audience cheering you on tonight?"

"Who?" I asked, excitedly.

"Lisa & Ryan." Jay answered.

"That's awesome. I'm so glad he's out & doing well."

"He's got a long road ahead of him with lots of therapy, but he's doing good." Jay nodded, his head, then looked at Nick. "I'll facetime with you, bro. Go on & do your warm ups."

"Okay, we're going." Nick came over to hug me. "Be careful, please." He said in my ear, then pulled away & left with Joe.

"Okay, Demi. Let's get you warmed up."

"Jay, I want you to help me kick her ass. Do you have any tips for me? I want to know what to do to make her go down." I asked as I put my fists up.