Chapter 1

One month ago...

"Vanessa," he growled softly into her ear. She moaned and leaned in closer. He didn't care if the taxi driver was eyeing them from the rear view mirror. Let's give him a show, he thought as he proceeded to trail his nimble fingers up her skirt.

"Say my name again," she pleaded.

Leland smiled. He liked it when she begged, "Vanessa." She purred, loving the sound of her name wrapped in his English accent. Her moans sent him on edge. He wanted more, had to have more, and was used to getting what he wanted. "There's an extra $50 in it for you if you get us to 5th and Main in less than five," he said to the driver.

Vanessa leaned back, "My place again?" She swept a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. It was what she normally did when she was not pleased.

He recognized the move, which irritated him. He liked her condescending attitude when it was used on others, but hated it when turned on him. "Your place is closer," he tried to reason with her.

She pouted, "We always go to my place. When will you invite me over?" She leaned into his ear as she grabbed his hand, guiding it to venture into her soft, wet folds, "I want to fuck you on every surface you own," she whispered.

He loved how she knew just how to command his attention. "I want to fuck you right now," he groaned. She nibbled his ear lobe and it took every ounce of his strength to not ravish her right there in the back seat of the taxi. Thankfully the cab pulled up to her corner. Leland threw the cabbie the money, which included the extra $50 and then some. He didn't care. His only thought was on getting the blonde bombshell up to her apartment and ripping her clothes off.

"You better make it up to me," she said as she pulled him out of the taxi by his tie.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled it away. He wasn't a dog on a leash and didn't appreciate being treated like one. Pulling her closer to him he growled at her, "I don't like being told what to do."

Vanessa's lips pulled up into a mischievous smile. She loved to get him irritated, the sex was so much better. "I guess I better learn my lesson then."

It was her favorite game she liked to play, he knew. And sometimes he loved it, but tonight was one of those times where he found it irritating. However, since he seriously needed to get laid he decided to play along. They bantered naughtily, touched inappropriately, and completely disregarded any onlookers all the way through the lobby, in the elevator, and down the hall to her apartment.

They stumbled through her door, barely managing to shut and lock it behind them while articles of clothing flew wildly threw the air. The smell of her sexual need was intoxicating. He buried his nose in her neck and inhaled deeply the scent of rosewater and silk, mixed with sweat and desire. She bucked and moaned as he licked and nibbled the sensitive skin there. He pulled her hips closer to him, rubbing the bulge in his pants on her inner thighs. She shivered.

Why are our pants still on? And why is she still wearing that bra? He wondered as he pulled away slightly, to hurriedly relieve themselves of the last bits of clothing that prevented them from collapsing into each other. Then he suddenly stopped.

"What's wrong?" she asked breathlessly.

"Who's here?"

She pulled away from him. Not this again, she thought. "No one is here. You are paranoid."