Chapter 15

LEMON ALERT!!!

I recommend reading this chapter in a quiet room, behind a closed door, with a glass of wine, maybe some candlelight, and some chocolate. Definitely chocolate.

Unless of course you don't like chocolate, in which case I'm sure you'll work something out.

I'll leave you lovely readers to caress your eyes over the following update...

Enjoy (Happy Valentine's day – 2016)

***********************************

The sound of Jenny softly snoring on her corner of the couch was sadly the only thing keeping Liz sane at the moment. She was going stir crazy. Seriously, they had been tucked away in this office over an hour ago and apparently forgotten, which only frustrated Liz even more. Did he or did he not insinuate that he would come for her after his meeting? Liz decided that Leland Moore was an Ass! Great, now she was thinking about his well-toned backside and how good it looked in the pants he was wearing. Yes, she had noticed.

Grumbling she got up...again, to check if the two meat-heads were still in the hall watching the door as if she and Jenny were convicts on lockdown. So far she had poked her head out the door five times in the last hour only to get threatened on her last attempt that if they catch her one more time they were going to tie her down to a "fucking chair". Liz was pretty sure that was illegal, and she has since decided that the moment someone, anyone, came through that door she was going to give that person a piece of her mind.

Just as Liz was reaching for the door it suddenly burst open, nearly knocking her onto her derriere. A pair of strong arms caught her just in time. And when Liz looked up, ready to throw profanities into the jerk's face, she found herself staring straight into the mildly fluorescent sea-blue eyes of Leland Moore. Suddenly she couldn't speak or breathe. He was here.

At the sound of the door Jenny had jumped up with a start. With sleep-hazed eyes she peered over to the entrance and was shocked to find Liz in the arms of Mr. Sex himself. She was totally awake now. In that moment Leland looked over at Jenny and said casually, while still holding a dazed Liz in his arms, "You may go now."

Startled into action, Jenny took a step forward but paused as she started to ask, "But what about..."

"Don't worry about Liz," he interjected as he roamed his eyes over his female with an expression that, to Jenny, was wild yet tender, pained yet passionate. "I'll take care of her," he vowed softly, and it sent a chill down the spines of both the women in the room.

There was something in his eyes that Liz couldn't quite place. Did something happen? Her gut reaction was to pull him close and comfort him, run her hands through his lush hair and murmur soothing words in his ear. And then that thought drifted into a naughtier version that involved the removal of their clothes. Liz blushed and Leland noticed. His gaze intensified and suddenly the room became a bit too warm.

A throat cleared and both of them turned to Jenny who was still in the room. "Sorry to interrupt," some seriously heavy sexual tension, "but I don't know you," she bravely addressed Leland, "and I'm not leaving my friend behind unless she's okay with it. Are you okay?" Jenny looked to Liz for confirmation. A lusty affair was something that Jenny could understand, but the look in the man's eyes was something deeper, more possessive. She needed to be sure Liz would be safe.

While Leland respected Jenny safeguarding Liz, especially since he would have done no less with any one of the packs' members under his care, he was not in the mood to be challenged. And he was definitely not in the mood to deal with anyone standing between him and his Mate.