Chapter 35 (Sneak Peak)

*Author's note:  Because the last chapter may be a bit confusing for some, I feel it would be best to not have you all wait too long for the next chapter.  So I am giving you a bit of a sneak peak that I hope with temper at least some of the questions that I'm sure are swirling in your minds.

Be warned, more questions will arise, but I'm hoping to quell a bit of confusion.  Hopefully this sneak peak will provide a bridge from the last chapter to where this story is heading.

*********************************************************

Her eyes opened with a snap as pain radiated through her entire body, pulsing and pounding like a live wire sparking and burning within her. She suddenly gasped, taking in a large breath of air, as if for the first time, as if newly born. And then she realized – she was alive! Liz was alive!

But she still could not move.  Then she remembered the tangled metal shelf that had held her down, the large rabid wolf that was hell-bent on murdering her, and the unknown saviors who had tried to rescue her. It was then that she finally took in her surroundings. She was still in the storage room, yet she couldn't understand what she was seeing. The demon dog was no longer above her, ready to rip apart her flesh. In fact, the werewolf was nowhere near her. Nor was there metal shelving caging her in. Somehow the beast was back through the door way he had demolished and was lying crumpled in a raggedy heap against the outer wall, impaled by bits of twisted metal. And what was more astonishing were the dozen or so pieces of rusted metal that were embedded into the wall, surrounding the rabid werewolf like a macabre halo.

Turning her head to survey the rest of the strange scene, it was then that she at last met her would be rescuers. She wasn't expecting a well-dressed business woman and a man that looked like a limo driver. And she certainly wasn't expecting to see them wide-eyed and trembling. Liz figured she'd be trembling too if she had to fight a huge, snarling, demonic werewolf.

But they weren't reacting to the murderous Rogue whose life-force was flickering like a failing florescent bulb. No. They were staring at the seemingly helpless human who had somehow blasted enough psychic energy to nearly collapse the walls around them. It was stronger than anything Madame Corauni had ever felt, even more impressive than her Mate's surprisingly powerful Alpha energy. It took every ounce of her strength to push back just enough to prevent their bodies from being crushed against the wall.

Not possible, Corauni thought to herself, she's human. She knew without a doubt that Liz was a human, she would have sensed it otherwise. There was simply no explanation for the raw power that burst from the young woman, or for the flash of light that cast her eyes in a golden glow for just a breath of a second. And Madam Corauni did not like being left in the dark.

"Who are you?" Corauni asked Liz in unintentional awe. And why would your Mate think he needs to save someone like you?

***************************************************

:-)  Hope you all enjoyed this sneak peak.  Now...time to get back to writing!

~Nikki Hudak~