Chapter 19 (Part 2)

Liz's entire body tingled and hummed from the after-waves of pleasure that continued to stoke her desire. Oh my god. In the perfectly sublime moment, still wrapped in Leland's arms, a sudden realization struck her, the feelings she had for this man went beyond lust. It was something deeper, something stronger. I'm in love!

The revelation startled her. Feeling romantic while sharing an intensely passionate moment with someone so extremely attractive (and skilled) could be expected. But to feel so utterly complete, so whole after the moment had finished, well that...that was completely unexpected. Then again, there was nothing but surprises when it came to Leland. Somehow she had fallen in love with a man, actually a werewolf, who she barely knew, let alone understood. And instead of becoming defensive and questioning it, like she would have normally, she had...embraced it?

The feeling was euphoric. Buzzed from her Leland-high Liz never wanted it to end. As if reading her thoughts he brushed the backs of his fingers across the soft skin of her cheek and continued to murmur sweet words into her ear. Slowly his lips descended upon hers, gifting her with soft, sensual, toe-curling kisses that quickly had her panting.

Pushing up on her toes she wrapped her arms around his neck, desperate to be closer to him. Just the feel of his slickened skin was enough to elicit a growl of pleasure from her throat. But this wasn't enough. She clawed through his hair, pulled him down and demanded more of him. His cinnamon scent washed over her, causing her heart to drum wildly in her chest. It beat for him, because of him. Every one of his touches, every one of his caresses, nips, and moans was just for her, belonged to her. HE belonged to her.

"Mine," she whispered against his lips. "Mine...mine...mine," chanted between breathless kisses the word took over her body, fueled her fire and burned away every sensible thought until all that was left was obsession. With each intonation her inhibitions fell away, leaving her transformed. Lost in the haze of her passion she abandoned herself to her feverish needs. No longer was she the obedient, reserved servant. She was a huntress, a temptress, a possessive beast. She was wild and free, consumed and drowning in love.

In the midst of her madness a rising pressure built up in her chest. There was an unexplainable change in the air, in her. It was as if her drowsy spirit had finally awakened, ready to behold the world anew, to no longer hide its light, but shine for all to see. A deep-set, hidden, inner yearning finally released and for a split second Liz seemed to float outside of her body. She felt a shift in her ethereal form. Her spirit twisted and pulled, wove itself down and through her corporeal form, as if making room for this newly awakened soul of hers. Each newly knitted piece felt heavy, full. Then suddenly, in the next instant, she was slammed back into place. Her eyes snapped open wide. Lungs constricted, mind conflicted; it felt like her insides were digging to the surface.

Passion danced with desperation as she scrabbled for Leland in a frantic attempt to hold onto her fraying sanity. What is happening to me? Her thoughts screamed. A sense of foreboding washed over her, pinned her down with its burdensome weight. Warning bells sounded in her ears. Something was coming. But what?

"Are you alright?" Leland asked.

Her mouth opened to answer but before a sound could escape her lips she caught a slight movement out of the corner of her eye. Beyond the glass pane, was someone watching them?

"Did you see that?" she asked Leland.

Bringing his lips to her ear he didn't even bother to look out the window as he answered, "I only see you." His whispered words sent chills down her spine, nearly distracting her away from her ominous prenotions.