Chapter 13

OMG!  Thank you guys so much for your input, and also for your incredible patience with me.  So, pretty much everyone voted that they want to get in on that "Leland meeting" first.  :-)

Here is my interpretation of your suggestions.  I hope y'all like it.

*hugs* ~Nikki Hudak~

****************************************

Ambling his way into the secluded area of the club Leland could still smell her, as if her scent had become a part of him. It seemed her very essence had begun searing into his skin the moment he looked into those caramel eyes, spreading her warmth deep into every fashion and sinew of his entire being. She had branded his soul, nearly bringing him to his knees.

An Alpha on his knees. The idea was so foreign to him, and with any other woman would have been appalling. But the thought of kneeling before the fiery beauty, as if pledging his undying fealty to her uncaged passions, electrified his blood. Of course the image was paired with him tracing his hot tongue over every reachable inch of her body, landing at her honey-sweet core to sample in her delicious wetness.

Leland paused in mid-step with his heart pounding and blood pumping to his lower extremities. Had he really envisioned himself in a submissive position as if worshipping Liz as the goddess of his desire? His wolf rose up in answer, howling in Leland's mind. It desperately wanted the chance to fulfill the perverse fantasy. But there was no way he would ever allow himself to be emasculated in such a way. He was a fucking Alpha male and as such he bowed to no female. Right?

Why then was it so hard to convince his wolf of this? Did the bastard want their balls chopped off? No matter what the answer would be he'd be damned if he allowed it. Leland was a powerful male and he always got what he wanted, and right now he wanted Liz, to bend her sexy ass over his desk and ram his hard cock deep into her swollen wet folds, over and over again until she screamed his name, proclaiming him her god. End of story.

Groaning he rubbed at the emerging bulge in his trousers. Maybe not quite end of story, just yet. He needed time to work this out. He felt so muddled between what he felt for her and what he didn't want to feel for her. There were so many complications in this situation, and yet he could never conceive the notion of not being with her. There was something about Liz Soler that he couldn't quite put his finger on, but whatever it was it called to him.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, Leland continued on his path. He didn't have time for this complication. Not ten feet away was the door to a room full of Alphas waiting for him. If he were to stride in there in his current state they would instantly detect weakness, which is the equivalent to death in his world. It was imperative he cleared his mind of all distracting thoughts. The idea made his wolf whimper. "Bitch-whipped," he grumbled to himself. In response his wolf growled at him.

Great, now I'm having an argument with myself. Perfect timing. Leland sighed.

He took a moment to collect his thoughts, to remind himself of the importance of this meeting. "Murderous rogues, near exposure of the packs, menace in my territory, threat to my title, danger to Liz..." What the...? Stop! Not now. He had to get a grip or everything was going to fall apart, and fast.

Upon reaching the door he rolled his shoulders back, stretching to his full height. Then taking one final cleansing breath he pulled the handle. Pure masculine dominance assaulted his senses the moment he opened the door. Energy hummed in alpha vibrations and pushed at every corner of the room. Seven pairs of eyes snapped to attention, all focus was on him. And not at all particularly friendly, which was expected within a room full of overbearingly dominant werewolves who were used to being the top dog in their own packs. But here they had to bow before a "pup" as they so affectionately had called Leland.