Chapter 2 {The Move}

After 2 more days for hell (A.k.a James and Ashley constantly harassing me) it was finally the day I go to a new school. Honestly I'm excited. I want to get as far away from James and Ashley. I need a fresh start. Of course I was going to miss some people at my old school. And by some I mean two. Shawn and Emily, who skipped school so they could be with me on my last day. I don't know what I would do without them. They are amazing.
"Nervous?" Emily asks me, placing a hand on my thigh
"Yeah." I say exhaling.
"They'll love you." Shawn says half smiling.
"Thank you for being here guys. It means a lot." I say getting up and hugging both of them.
"Of course! We want to spend as much time as can, well while we still can." Emily says and everything goes silent. I'm going to miss them so much. They always helped me. And they are the only friends I have left after it was secretly dating my ex boyfriend. I start to cry at the thought of leaving them.
"Oh don't cry love everything will be fine. We'll text everyday okay?" Shawn says and I nod. Thank god for him being there. He always talks sense into me.
"Yeah I'll make a group chat for us 3. And we'll inform each other on what's going on at our school-schools." Emily says correcting herself. I faintly smile. I love them so much.
"Hey and maybe we can have a sleepover some time?" I add. When I do Shawn and Emily both smile really big.
"Oh Charlie! I-we wanted to tell you something a loooong time ago but we couldnt find the right time." Emily starts. I give her a confused look, tilting  my head a little. "Me and Shawn are dating." I scream I shipped them since, forever!!!
"Oh my god!!! No way! I'm so happy for you guys. You guys are so cute together oh my god! I shipped you guys together for sooo long!" I say rambling. I look at Shawn and Emily and they are holding hands. Love birds. Im so happy for them. #shemily all the way!
"Charlie?" My mom calls out.
"Yeah?" I yell back from inside my room.
"It's time to leave honey."
And with those words my heart dropped down to my stomach. It's time. It's time to leave the house I grew up in. To leave my friends. I get off my bed and hug Emily and Shawn. I start to cry.
"Oh babe it's okay. I love you." Emily says hugging me.
"I love you too Em" I say hugging her back. Once we break apart, I go over to Shawn.
"You'll do great! I believe in you love! I love you little sis!" He says ruffling my hair.
"I love you too big bro. Thank you." We hug each other. They help me grab my few bags I had left in my room.

"Fresh start. This is what you need Charlie. No one will know you there. You will have a new start. No drama. New people. New boys. But that means new friends." I think to myself on the way to the new house. We have an hour drive ahead of us. And I'm not excited. I look out the back of the car and I see my childhood home, slowly get smaller and smaller. I didn't want to be awake for the trip there so I put headphones in a blasted my favorite band: All Time Low.

An hour later my mom wakes me up.
"We're here darling." She says nudging me.
"Okay" I say stretching. I was nervous for the adventure ahead of me. It's Wednesday, so that means my first day at my new school is tomorrow, yay.

I grab my bags from the back of the car and head to my new room. It was a lot bigger than my old room. Plus, the restroom was next door. I set my bags down and start unpacking. This is going to be long and tiring.

After I finish unpacking I look at the clock and it reads 10:30. My parents are very strict, and want me in bed before 11. My mom and dad are very controlling with everything I do. Who I date, who I'm friends with, what I eat, my grades, exc. In a few months  it's my 18th birthday, so they won't have control over me for much longer.
"Honey?"
"Yeah mom?" I ask.
"Go to bed! You have school tomorrow!" She yells from downstairs.
"Okay!" I yell back. Ugh someone shoot me now! Get me out of this hell hole! My parents weren't always like this. They used to be cool. They let you go out and party, as long as you were responsible, and didn't get flat faced drunk. Until my older brother Charles, got behind the wheel intoxicated and crashed and killed him and his girlfriend. I was only 8 when he died. He was only 17. Ever since my parents have been strict. I think they are just scared to lose me. But they have to understand, I need to live life. Get drunk, and party. But I can't. They would kill me. I need to get some sleep. I don't want to look like a complete zombie for my first day. I do my nightly routine and go to bed.

I wake up at 6:30 and get into the shower. Today was the big day. My fresh start. I'm so nervous I could explode. What am I going to wear?! Once I got out of the shower and wrapped my body and hair in a towel, I go to my closet and pick out what I'm going to wear. I pick out a white  crop top, with a floral skater skirt with my white low top converse. After I get dressed I do my hair the way I always do it. Natural, which was straight. And put a chain head band on. I grabbed my backpack, keys and phone and went out the door.

Once I get to school I  go to the office and get my schedule. I get a text and pull out my phone. Whilst looking at my phone I bump into someone
"Oh I'm sorry" I say to them. When I look to see who it is, it's a boy about my age with dark brown hair. He's wearing a tank top revealing a tattoo "MMXII" 
"It's fine. Are you new here?" He asks I nod my head
"Oh, well I'm Calum" he says shaking my head.
"Charlotte. Or Charlie." I say letting go of his hand.

Me and Calum make small talk, and we figure out we have first period together! Would you look at that? I've already made a friend.

I hope you like the book so far!!! I can't wait to see where this book goes ;)