Chapter 6 {The Incident}

Calum's pov (switching things up. I like it ;) )

I walk outside to see if Luke and Charlie are doing okay. Hopefully soon I'll be able to tell Charlie how I feel about her. I know she likes Luke a lot but I have to tell her. I've liked her ever since we met. She's just so amazing, everything about her is perfect.

I walk out and see Luke and Charlie kissing. I'm happy for them, but at the same time I'm jealous. I feel my heart drop to my stomach. I clear my throat so they know I was there, but more importantly so they would stop.
"Oh hey cal!" Charlie says happy now with a huge smile on her face.
"Hey love. How's everything going." I ask rocking back and forth on my heels.
"Great!" She says happier than before. At this time Luke grabs her hand and looks at me.
"I'd better go." I say turning and walking away.
"Cal!" I hear Charlie call out. She runs up and hugs me "thank you for your help earlier. It meant a lot." She says in my ear. Causing goosebumps to form on my skin. I hug her back.
"Anything for you Charlie." I say breaking apart. "Go get him." I say nudging her. And with that she disappeared into Luke's car. He better not screw up again. She deserves so much better. She deserves, me. I know me and Luke are best lads, but I hate how he uses girls. He's had a bad record of cheating, and using them for sex. I hope he doesn't do that to Charlie. If he does, he will see a side of me I hope no one ever sees. I can't help it. I just snap, and everything goes black. Then I snap out of it, and see the mess I made. And have no idea how I made it. It's scary but it's something I have to live with. And because I have to live with it, I shut myself down. I don't let anyone in. I don't let any emotions out. And I hide it all too well. And that's the bad part. No one knows besides her. The reason I have so many tattoos is because, I enjoy pain. And it helps me not hurt myself anymore. I do a lot of things so I don't feel pain. I drink so I can escape reality, and feel numb. I smoke in hopes it will kill me sooner. I party so I can be happy for once. And I fight to let out all of my anger. But Charlie makes me love life. Even if I'll only be her friend. I'll be happy. She's helped me more than she knows. She stays up late on the phone with me, because I'm a bit sad. She's the only one that I have told how I truly feel. I was scared to tell her at first, thinking I was a freak and wanted nothing to do with me. But she didn't, she stayed by myself the whole time. And asked me if I'm happy, or how I'm feeling that day or in that moment. And I told her happy. And it was only the truth. She makes me feel like I matter in this world. Like I'm going to change it one day. I'm so thankful for her. Maybe I should call her, to see how she's doing. I punch in her number and press call.
"CALUM!" She yells answering the phone
"Calm down! Charlie what's wrong!?" I say screaming back.
"Luke...blood everywhere. Help..." She says slowly, like she's about to pass out. She drops the phone and I hear fire trucks and ambulances in the distance. I have to go find them.
"I'll be right there! Don't worry Charlie!" I say hanging up and running out of the house and getting into my car. I can hear the sirens get louder, which means I'm close. I turn the corner, and that's when I see it. Luke's car flipped over smoking, and cops and fire fighters trying to pry open the doors. I run out of my car, in hopes they would be about to make it out alive.
"CHARLIE! LUKE!" I yell choking on my tears. I stand back and see them open Luke's door. Blood gushing from his head, and his arms and legs. The drag him out of the burning car and he starts to wake up.
"Calum?!" He say waking up and looking at me. "Where's Charlie?" He says panicked. I can't even talk. I just point. I point to the car that is now in full fames. He turns and the life drains from his eyes and face.
"CHARLIE! SOMEONE GET MY GIRLFRIEND OUT OF THE CAR!" He starts to scream at the top of his lungs, trying to get out of the stretcher. A bunch of doctors swarm him and press him down to the bed and stick a needle in his arm. He fights the meds, but fails and passes out. Moments after they get him into the back of the ambulance they get Charlie out. They get her onto a stretcher and put her into the back of the ambulance and drive off. I quickly run to my car and follow it closely.
"Please make it out alive. Please lord. I need Luke and Charlie. They are my best friends. Please God, please. I don't know what I'll do if they don't make it out alive." I say praying to myself on the way to the hospital.

"Calum Hood for Luke Hemmings!" I yell to the lady at the desk.
"Room 582 on floor 8." She says rushing. Obviously scared.
I run into the room and see him. He's still knocked out from whatever the doctors gave him to calm down. I exhale seeing him breathing, and hearing faint beats of his heart.
"Calum? Where am I?" He says with a cracked voice.
"The hospital. You and Charlie got into a bad car accident. The car was on fire. You made it out first and Char-" I say before getting cut off
"Where's Charlie? Is she okay?!" He says before letting me finish.
"I don't know yet. I came to your room first. But they got Charlie out after you left with the ambulance. From what I saw she was breathing. But glass and blood was everywhere." I say as my voice cracks under my tears. I look at Luke and he's crying.
"It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault." He keeps whispering to himself.
"No it's not Luke. Don't think that. It was an accident." I say reassuring him. "I'll go check on Charlie if you'd like?" I ask Luke, hopefully him knowing she's okay he'll calm down.
"Please?" He says wiping away the tears.
"Of course I'll be back." I say half smiling.
I walk back to the desk.
"Calum Hood for Charlotte Waters?" I ask. It's weird saying Charlotte, not Charlie.
"Room 598 floor 8" She says pointing to the door. I thank her and walk into the room. I freeze. I see Charlie covered in cuts and bruises and burns on her side. I walk in and sit next to her.
"Hey Charlie." I whisper. "I don't know if you are awake, or if you can even hear me. But I want you to know Luke is alive and fine. And that he's worried sick about you." I say. I look at her and she slowly opens her eyes.
"Cal.." She says quietly. She smiles, but it quickly fads when she realizes she's hooked up to 10 different medical equipment.
"Where's Luke?" She asks scared.
"He's fine. And he's down the hall. He asked me to see if you're okay. He's really scared you'll hate him. And he thinks it's all his fault." I say leaning forward, and placing my elbows on my thighs.
"But it's not his fault. The driver was drunk and driving on the Wrong side of the road. It wasn't Luke's..." She starts to say, but can't continue because she's starting to cry.
"I know. It's okay. Everything will be okay.." I say getting up and hugging her. Even though she's covered in cuts and bruises she's still beautiful.
"I'm sorry sir but the doctor would like to speak with Charlotte, alone" The nurse says sticking her head into the room.
"I guess that's my cue." I say getting up and leaving the room.