Chapter 5 {Only Reason}

Luke's pov

"I have to go. Have a good life with Madison." Charlie says. I wanted to take her hand, and pull her close to me, and tell her that I wanted to be with her. Not Madison.
Madison pulls up to me, I get in, and look back at her house and see Charlie looking at me. I messed up again. Great. God I always tend to mess everything up.
"So where were we?" Madison says sexually in my ear.
"Take me home." I snap
"What?" She says confused.
"Did I stutter?" There's the normal me. Rude and disrespectful old me.
"O-okay" she says pulling off and dropping me off to my house. Hopefully my aunt and uncle are done. If not, I guess it's another bar trip for me. I go inside and walk into my room. I can't think straight, all I can think about is Charlie. How perfect she is. How she's everything I ever wanted. I have to make things right. I have to call her.
"Hello?" She says after a few rings. I can tell she was crying a lot by the sound of her voice. "Who is this?"
"Luke." I say. She exhales and continues.
"What do you want. I get that your happy wi-" I cut her off.
"I'm not happy with her. I'll never be happy with her. The only person that could ever make me happy is you." I start
"Luke-"
"Let me finish. I love you Charlie. And I know we've only known each other for a week, but it feels like I've known you for years. When I'm with you, you bring the old me out. The good me. That has been gone for years, and I never thought he would return. But when I'm with you he does. When I'm with Madison I feel broken, and unfixable. But with you, I feel alive, and fixed. I know you probably hate me, and I understand. I messed up. Big time. I should have never gotten back with her. She means nothing to me, and I don't know what was going through my head when it happened..." I pause
"Luke." She starts holding back tears. "I could never hate you. I'm just hurt. And confused. And I don't truly know how you feel. I'm sorry I just need time." I exhale. I f*cked up big time.
"Okay." I say holding back tears now.
"Bye Luke. I'll see you around." She says hanging up. And with that she was gone. No longer mine. She was never really mine, but I was going to ask her to be before Madison and I fought. I always find a way to mess things up. No matter what it is. I need to get this off my chest. I grab my song journal and start writing.
The only reason
Don't talk, let me think it over
How we gonna fix this?
How we gonna undo all the pain?
Tell me, is it even worth it?
Looking through a straight line
Taking back the time we can't replace

All the crossed wires
Just making us tired
Is it too late to bring us back to life?

[Chorus:]
When I close my eyes and try to sleep
I fall apart, I'm fighting hard to breathe
You're the reason, the only reason
Even though my dizzy head is numb,
I swear my heart is never giving up
You're the reason, the only reason

I feel you burning under my skin
I swear I see you shining
Brighter than the flame inside your eyes

Bitter words spoken,
Everything broken
It's never too late to bring us back to life

[Chorus]

Oh, oh, oh, only reason, the only reason

Don't talk, let me think it over
How we gonna fix this?
How we gonna undo all the pain?

[Chorus 2x]
After I finish writing I feel a bit better. I should get all the boys and tell them to meet up with me so they can hear my song. I pull out my phone and dial Calum's number
"Hello?" Cal says after a few rings
"Hey Cal want to meet up with the rest of the band. I made a song and I think you guys will like it." I say flipping to the song.
"Uh sure could Charlie come? She's really upset right now, and won't tell me why. I think it will make her feel better." He says and I can hear Charlie cry in the back ground. Shit.
"Uh yeah that's fine. Meet you at Ashton's in 30 minutes?" I ask rubbing the back of my head.
"Uh yeah." He says moments before hanging up. Great, Charlie was going to be there. And know that the song is about her. Maybe this is a good thing.

I get to Ashton's place and see everyone already there, including Charlie. I walk into the practice room, aka Ashton's garage. When I walk in Charlie looks at me and quickly looks away. I wave to her and half smile. She returns.
"Are you ready to start?" Calum says breaking the awkward silence.
"Uh yeah." I say clearing my throat.

"How we gonna fix this. How we gonna undo all the pain?" I say  finishing the song.
"Wow mate that was good." Ashton says patting me on the back.
"Thanks." I say smiling and turning to look at Charlie. I see she has tears in her eyes. Oh no.
"Ill be right back." She says running out of the garage.
"I'll go see if she's okay" I say running after her.
"Charlie?" I say as I approach her.
"Yeah?" She says with shakiness in her voice.
"Are you okay?" I ask pulling her into a hug. She goes silent for a few minutes.
"Was the song about me?" She says finally breaking the silence.
"Yeah. It was." I say exhaling.
"It was beautiful I loved it." She says shoving her face in my chest. My heart can't help but beat faster.
"You're welcome." I say rubbing her back. Hopefully this will help clear things up, and patch me and Charlie's relationship. "Charlie?" I finally say breaking the silence once again.
"Yeah." She says lifting her head and looking at me. Her big green eyes looking right through me. Piecing into my soul. I can't help but melt when I look at them.
"I'm so sorry." I say. I meant it.
"Its okay. I forgive you. But if you do it again, I won't take you back." She says chucking. I look at her lips, then into her eyes. Then back at her lips.
"Can I...?" I ask rubbing the back of my neck. She smiles and nods. I smile and connect our lips, sending a shock of happiness and butterflies through my veins and into my stomach. This couldn't be anymore perfect.