Chapter 28 {Airports and Goodbyes}

Charlie's pov

We all woke up early so they could take me to the airport. Everything was silent. Everyone knew what was going to happen in a matter of hours. And I don't think any of us are ready. Especially me. But I have to do this, I have to have a career of my own. Something I can fall on. I can't live in the shadows of the backstage. Of course it's going to hurt like hell leaving, I'm only 18 years old. But it will get easier as time goes by,right? God this is going to suck.

"Flight 498 gate 7 to Los Angles ready to board" Are the words I dreaded to hear. There's no going back now. I turn to say goodbye to them on last time. Tears covering all of our cheeks we give wet hugs, and sad goodbyes. I look at Luke one last time, and hug him the hardest. Yes he hurt me, but not being with him, or seeing him hurts me more. We say our last goodbyes and I make my way to the tunnel. And I mouthed something to him that I never thought I would have to; goodbye. As I make my way further down the tunnel I look back and see Luke on his knees crying. I stop and start to cry too. Harder than I have this entire time. I'm walking away from my old life, and walking towards my new life. And the thing that sucks the most is, I can't have both. I can't have a new career and Luke and friends. I have to choose one or the other. And right now I feel it's best for me to choose my career. Of course I'll come back to them. Of course I'll come see them. I'll try my best to see them every time I can. Of course I'm going to come back. They are my best friend. Friend no longer boyfriend. And that hurts like hell. No more cuddles, and late night conversations, no kisses when I'm sad. No more warm hugs. It's going to be hard not waking up and seeing him across the room, or in the other hotel room. I'm going to miss the feeling of safety, knowing he's right there when I need him. I love you so much. And the part that sucks the most is that, he's going to move on. He says he won't but I know it will happen. All of us know it, even him. And I don't think I'm ready to move on.

"Miss we're here." The flight attendant says making me lose my train of thought.
"Okay." I say taking a deep breath in and walking out. Hello new life. Goodbye old life. I'm greeted by a man outside my gate holding a sign that said 'Ms. Waters'

Once I get to my hotel room I start to text Sophie telling her I made it home safe. Shit I forgot about the time zones. Sorry Sophie. I get settled and look at my emails to see when and where I have my photoshoot. Tomorrow at 7 am. That's so early. I don't think I have been up that early since school. I better get some sleep so I can try to wake up early tomorrow for the photoshoot. Fuck you jet lag.

"Hell Ms. Waters." James the photographer says. "This is Cameron and you and him will be in a photoshoot together." He says revealing a beautiful guy about my age.
"Hi." I say smiling and shaking Cameron's hand.
"Hi." He says back looking into my eyes.
"Alright. Let's get a move on." James says as he leads us to the area where we are shooting. We go to our dressing rooms and get dressed. Or should I say undressed. I put on a white bra with grey  shorts. I walk out and meet up with Cameron who's only wearing black underwear.
"Oh hey." Cameron says when he sees me.
"Hi. And don't get the wrong impression of me. Usually  when people first meet me, they don't see me half naked." I say laughing.
"Usually?" Cameron says lifting up his eyebrows.
"Oh my god. No not like that." I say blushing and nervously laughing.
"No it's fine. Just giving you a hard time that's all. I noticed that you have an accent. Where are you from?" He asks as we make our way to the room.
"Australia." I say. It's weird having to say I'm from Australia. Because the only place I've been outside of Australia and New Zealand, is London and they all have accents too.
"Oh cool. I've always wanted to go there. You look really familiar. Have you been on TV or something before?" He asks
"Yeah. I dated a band member." I say as if it's nothing. But saying it hurt like hell.
"Oh cool. Who? If you don't mind me asking." He says looking at me.
"Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds Of Summer." I say. His name rolls off my tongue like a foreign language.
"That's awesome! I love that band. Have you heard their new song?" He asks. New song?
"No. Is it good?" I ask and he gets wide eyes.
"Yeah it's called Wherever You Are." Cameron says as we finally reach the room.
"Cool I'll look it up later." I say as we meet up with James.
"What took you guys so long?" James asks as we make our way to our spots.
"Sorry we got caught up talking." Cameron says laughing. I like Cameron, he seems like a really good guy. Maybe he can be my first new friend.
"It's fine just get to your places." James says as he guides us to our places.

After a long photoshoot we find the best one and James has a huge announcement.
"You're picture will be in a magazine!" James yells and me and Cameron start jumping and hugging.
"That's amazing!" Cameron says as he sets me down.
"It's only my second photoshoot and it's going to be in a magazine!" I say really happily.
"Congrats Charlie. Is it okay if I call you Charlie?" He asks looking as if he over stepped a boundary.
"Yeah it's fine. I actually like it." I say laughing a little.
"Okay. Well by Charlie." Cameron waves.
"Bye Cam." I say waving back. Earning a smile from him as he walks out the door.

So what do y'all think of Cameron? I'm not too sure yet. Do you see a future relationship? I don't know?! But I'm excited. Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and that I love you!! And please keep voting and reading! It means so much to me!
Love you babes XX