Chapter 23 {The News Report}

"A young teen names Charlotte Waters way attacked in the outlet mall today. Sex offender and murderer, Josh Henderson attacked her, and carried her to his car. When her former boyfriend Luke Hemmings chased after them for 10 minutes to catch up to them." The news reporter says. She walks over to me and starts talking. "How did all of this happen?" She says as she puts the microphone in my face.
"Luke went to go into a store and I was window shopping when a man whispers in my ear, calling me sexy. I tried to get away from him, but he grabbed onto my wrist." I say as I lift of my wrist, which is covered in bruises. "I started screaming for Luke to help me, and Luke starts running after us. I was fighting the man so he picked me up and put me on his shoulder. That's when I lost all hope. I didn't know what was going to happen, and I was scared to find out." I finish as tears spill onto my cheeks. The news reporter then goes over to Luke.
"What was going through your head when you saw your girlfriend getting kidnapped?" She asks Luke and stiffens up once she said kidnapped.
"All that was going through my head was, I need to get her. She's the love of my life." Luke says looking at the ground as a tear slips out.
"There you have it folks. Thank you Charlotte and Luke, and I hope you are safe and healthy." The news reporter says smiling to me and Luke. Me and him smile back and say thank you. After the news was done me and Luke get into the car and stay there.
"I'm so sorry" Luke says crying, breaking the silence.
"It's not your fault. Please don't cry." I say holding back tears now.
"I shouldn't have left you by yourself." He says as more tears spill out.
"You didn't know. It's not your fault." I say as I wipe tears off of his soft cheeks. "Let's go home." I say with a half smile.
"Okay." Luke says sniffling.

"CHARLIE!!" Calum, Ashton, and Michael all yell as me and Luke walk through the door. "ARE YOU OKAY?? LUKE!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE A HERO!" They continue yelling.
"I'm fine." I say as the attack me with hugs.
"Luke! You are amazing!" They say as the attack him with his. I never knew I meant so much to them.
"Thanks guys. I guess seeing someone you love almost slip out of my fingertips, you get motivated to kick some ass." Luke says chuckling and looking down. "How did you guys find out what happened?" Luke asks as he intertwines our fingers.
"We saw the news report. We all freaked out once they said your name. It's all over Twitter too." Calum says calming down.
"Oh okay." Luke says
"Hey Luke you wanna go outside and calm down." I say as I look at him.
"Yeah." He says exhaling and smiling.

Once the cold air bites my cheeks I start to shake.
"Here." Luke says as he wraps his arms around me.
"This is what we get for wearing shorts and short sleeves." I say laughing as I chatter my teeth.
"Yeah." Luke says laughing. He starts up and extending his hand for me to grab. I gladly take it. As soon as I get up Luke picks me up and makes me face him.
"Luke put me down, I'm too heavy." I say trying to get out of his strong grip.
"Oh shut up, you're as light as a feather." Luke says looking into my eyes. "You're so beautiful." Luke whispers before he crashes his lips on mine.
"Awwwwwww!" We hear 3 boys say from the door, laughing and shutting the door.
"Did they just take a picture?" I say laughing.
"I think they did." Luke says laughing back. Just then both of us feel a vibration (don't think wrong, gross) and pull out our phones as Luke sets me down.
@michael5sos
Look at the cute couple!! Sooooo cute. Get some Lukey poo

We both look at the picture and I start to blush. I look at Luke, and he's blushing also. I love the picture. Both of us look so happy. I hope we're this way for a long time, so we can grow old together and be all cute. But I won't get my hopes up. I always get hurt in the end. But Luke is different. I'm just so scared. Scared to get hurt, scared to get cheated on, again. Scared to lose him.
"What are you thinking about?" Luke says, making me snap out of my thinking.
"What?" I say looking at him.
"You looked really sad, what's going through your head?" He asks looking into my eyes.
"It's nothing." I say crossing my legs in the grass.
"No tell me, I can tell something's bothering you." He says grabbing onto my hand.
I take a deep breath in "You.."
"That's a bad thing?" He asks and his eyes turn a little darker shade of blue.
"No. I'm just thinking on what could happen." I say and his face softens.
"And what is that?" Luke asks concerned.
"Me getting hurt." I say and a tear falls out of my eye.
"Oh no, no, no. I would never hurt you. Ever. I promise." Luke says wiping the tears off of my cheeks and resting my head in his hands.
"I love you Charlotte Rose Water." He says looking into my eyes. They become the bright blue they always are.
"I love you too Luke Robert Hemmings." I say and crash our lips together. Luke gladly kisses back and continues to hold my face to kiss longer.
"Each kiss gets better than the last." He says smiling really big, showing all of his teeth. I can't help but smile too. He's everything I ever wanted. "Remember how we met?" He asks intertwining our fingers.
"How could I forget?" I say laughing.
"I forgot to tell you something."