Chapter 2: Patrick

It has now been four months since Olivia disappeared into the portal with Thanos. We have been working everyday to try and find her, with no such luck yet. We have made very little (if any) progress.

"Hey Patrick. Theres some more reporters outside. Theyre banging on our door and wont leave. Should i send them away again?" Seraphie informs me.

"You know what? Im going to go talk to them." I say firmly. I have been avoiding talking to the press for the past four months becausw I didn't want to release any information until we had some. But now I'm just sick of this. Im going to go talk to them.

"Okay. But you should fix yourself up a bit first. You kind of look... stressed?" Kaden says cautiously.

"No need to try and put it nicely. The guy hasn't dressed up in four months. He looks like a mess. Just say it." Tye says.

"Shut up." I say. I hold out my hand and my sceptre materializes in my hand. I flick my wrist and my armour appears on me and My hair fixes itself.

"Dude. You have got to teach my that. It would speed up my morning routine by soooo much!" Seraphie laughs.

"Yes. My powers are so amusing." I say in a monotone voice. "Ha. Ha ha ha... ha."

"Okay. We need to work on your personality after later. You need to have some more fun!" Kaden laughs.

"I cant. How can I have fun when I know that the girl I love is out there somewhere with who knows what happening to her... for all we fucking know she could be getting tortured! Or she could fuckig be dead! Now you guys can have all of your fun and all of your laughs. But I would much prefer to spend my time searching for my girlfriend." I yell. "Now let me go talk to these damn reporters."

I push through them and to the doors of the base. It close my eyes and take a deep breath. Then I press my hand onto the scanner and the door flys open.

Immediately I am surrounded by dozens of reporters shoving cameras and microphones in my face. Asking me questions like "what has happened to Hydra?" And "Why have we not heard from any of you since the alleged battle with Hydra?" And "what was the mysterious energy readings that came from this base on the day of the Hydra battle?" And "where are the other members of the team?"

"SHUT UP!" I scream. Immediately the crowd goes silent. "You want to know what happened? Ill tell you, sick people, what happened! Then maybe youll just leave us alone to our work!"
All of the cameras zoom in on me and the microphones and recording devices are held close to my mouth.

I take a deep breath and begin to tell them what happened. "Yes. There was a battle here against Hydra."

The reporters shout out millions of questions before I can continue.

"Shut up! If you want the details of what happened then shut up and listen to me!" I shout.

The reporters fall silent once again and listen for what I will say next.

I take a deep breath and continue. "During said battle, a large portal opened. That was the large energy reading that you got. Out of the portal cam the Titan lord Thanos. He is an alien, from the moon of Saturn by the name of titan. He had in his possesion a weapon called the infinity gauntlet. It wields the six infinity stones withing it and gives the wearer unimaginable power."

"What are the infinity stones?" One reporter wispers to themselves.

I decide to answer the question. "Everyone has heard of the teseract. And the attack of the dark elves. The tesseract is an infinity stone, as well as the thing that the dark elves were fighting over. Each of these stones can cause insane levels of extinction, but with all of the stones together, one can do almost anything."

"So what happened next?" Another reporter asks.

"Next Thanos killed all of the members of hydra." I say.

A gasp goes through the crowd of reporters.

"Yes. All of them." I say.

"Is that it?" One of the reporters shouts angrily.

"I wish..." I mutter. I look up to the crowd of reporters. "Thanos then turned to leave back through the portal, when Olivia Odinson, dove after him."

The crowd gasps. One woman even bursts into tears.

"The portal closed efore any of us could do anything and she has been gone in an unknown location for four months now. We have made little to no progress on tracking her down, but believe me, it is my top priority right now..." I say quietly.

"What about this Thanos guy? Why isnt your top priority right now to find him and stop him?" A man shouts from the crowd of reporters.

I close my eyes and push an energy field around him. I raise him into the air so he can get a clear look at me, as I can of him.

"Listen to me." I say angrily to him. "We are rescuing Olivia. That is our top priority. She is one of our own. She is my girlfriend. I love her. And I will not just leave her be until I am done dealing with a problem that hasnt even arose yet. I will not leave her to be tortured or killed just so I can listen to some imbicile reporter who doesnt know the first thing about protecting earth. Is that what you wanted to hear? Is it? Scram! All of you! And dont come back!" I shout.

All of the people run to their cars as fast as they can and speed away.

I turn around and see one woman left standing behind me.

"Im so sorry. So, so sorry." She says. She puts her hand on my shoulder then walks off to her car. I watch as she drives away. The only reporter here that wasnt just here for the story. The only reporter that actually cares about people.

I turn and head back inside the base. Silently. The others try to talk to me but I just push past and sit down at my chair. And contiue searching for Liv. A search that I fear will go on for too long.