Chapter 28: Sammi

I am drug down the dimly lit hallway with olivia holding my jacket sleeve tightly in her fist. She drags me down the hall. Plastered across her face is a furious expression.

We stop at the end of the hall and she throws me out in front of her. "Alright. What type of bullshit are you trying to pull?" She shouts. "What do you mean he has to earn me?"

"I mean exactly what i said. He has to earn you. We all now know that patrick wasnt right after he went all phsycho and also after that jealousy fit back on asgard. Speaking of which, that brings up the subject of Eathan. Another guy who wasnt as good as he had seemed to be." I explain. "We just want to be safe this time. Its because we care."

"Yeah. Whatever. I say that you guys dont have a say in who i do or dont date. Its my fault if i get hurt. Just stay out of it." She yells. She pushed me out of the way and walks past me, heading for her room.

"Agh!" I cry out as i hit the wall. She realizes too late what she did. She must have forgoten that i am midgardian and dont have any powers. I grasp my shoulder. A small trickle of blood runs down it.

She freezes in her tracks. I kniw her well enough ti know ehat she is thinking. 'Should i help her? If i do then i risk blowing off my whole angry fit at her. But if i dont help her... i have to help her. She could be really hurt.' She turns around quickly to help me.

She runs up to me. "Oh my gods. Im so sorry. I just... forgot for a second."

"Forgot what? That im mortal? That i dont have any powers? Yeah. Its kind of easy to forget i guess. I mean after all, i am the only one on the team who doesnt have at least some ability." I say through gritted teeth.

"Im sorry." She says. "I was just mad. I dont want you messing into my live life."

"I know." I say. "We just want whats best for you."

"I know." She says. "We should probably get that arm of yours checked out."

"Probably." I laugh. I quickly grab my shoulder and let out a groan of pain. I grasp my shouldr. She helps me up and we make our way out to the med room. We pass Tye in the hall and he grabs the others and gets them to meet us there. I sit on a table and olivia starts checking out my shoulder.

"Looks like its just busted up a bit." She says. "Nothing broken as far as i can tell but the skins a little messed up and itll take at least a few weeks to get back to normal."

"We might not have that luxury." Says seraphie rushing into the room.

"What do you mean?" Olivia asks.

"Look" seraphie says. She holds up a tablet. On the screen I can see multiple feeds of various places around the world. Shots of China, Rome, Australia, Russia, Egypt, Canada, and lastly, New York City.

"What are we supposed to be looking at?" I ask.

"Watch." Seraphie replies.

I continue to watch the video. I can see a large black cloud begin to cover the skies in all of the coutries and cities.

"What the hell..." I whisper.

"No... more like what the HEL." Olivia says.

"What? She just said that?" Seraphie and sammi say together. Lucas and jeffery look at each other, grave looks on both of their faces.

"No... Hel. The homeplace of Hela, daughter of loki (Patricks half sister). The place where all souls from the nine realms go to rest. Its what you midgardians reffer to as 'hell', with two 'L's'. We call it 'hel'. One 'L'." Olivia explains.

"Ah." Seraphie says. "So do you knwo whats happening?"

"Maybe... but i need to check to be sure. They may just be hitting major areas. We have to go check outside... now." Olivia says quickly.

I grab a roll of bandages. I hastilly wrap up my shoulder to stop the bleeding and pull the extra bandage into a sling to hold my arm in place. I hop of the med table and run after them. Lucas sped olivia outside and the others all followed behind them. We arrive only shortly after olivia and lucas but i can already see the fear in her eyes.

"What is it?" I ask. "What is happening to earth?" I watch as the last piece of bright blue sky is covered by the large inky black clouds that make the earth so dark.

"Its thanos..." olivia says. "But no. It cant be. Hes dead."

"No... he isnt..." tye says. "We were just coming to find you guys... i had a dream last night. I heard thanos calling out to his love: death."

"Oh my gods. This is worse than i thought. This is... this... oh my gods..." olivia murmurs. I can see the same fear in lucas and jeffery's eyes.

"What is happening?" Seraphie asks. "What do you know that we dont?"

"This is it. This is the end time." Olivia says. "We dont have long. A five days at most."

"What happens after that?" i ask slowly.

"Nothing." Lucas says.

"Nothing?" I ask.

"No. Nothing happenens after that. Everything will be done. Gone. Nothing will ever happen here again after that." Olivia says. "Nothing..."

"So what do we have to do?" Seraphie asks.

"There are four things that we have to do before we can even think about trying to stop thanos." Olivia says. "One: we need to get sammis arm healed. Two: we need to get more information about this. Three: we need more people."

"And do we do all of that? What is the fourth thing?" I ask.

Olivia takes a deep breath? Readying herself for the words she is about to say. She pauses for a second as if she is trying to decide whether t is worth it to say what she is about to say. She then decides that it is. She takes anoyher breath and says. "The fourth thing we have to do is go back to Asgard."