Chapter 11: Patrick

I sit in my chair in the control office. I am doing my usual scan, trying to find Olivia. The results come in. Negative.

I smash my fist onto the desk beside me. "Agh!" I scream. Again. Nothing.

Day after day. Time after time, the results come back with the same word. Negative. I feel like im never going to find her. I feel like i have already lost her for good.

I saw her last only a few days ago. But it feels like forever. Even then, that wasnt really her... was it? I mean... liv would never do anything like that.

I smash my fist through the keyboard on my computer. Just then Sammi walks in. "Whoah! Whoah! Patrick stop!"

I turn to her, my eyes glowing green with rage. "Where is she." I say in a low growling tone.

Sammi backs away from me slowly. He face filled with fear. I see her fingers slowly moving up to her wrist to call for her suit.

Why? Why is she so scared of me? Why? Why is she calling her suit? Why? Why is she wanting to hurt me?

"What are you doing Sammi? Why are you so scared. Im not going to hurt you..." I pause. Thinking for a second. This makes her even more scared. "I just want Liv back! Thats all! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!"

I can see that she is about to do something. Perhaps call for her suit. Maybe run. Either way. Why would she? Why is she so scared.

"WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED OF ME?!" I shout. In my rage i throw my arms out to my sides and a large energy pulse flys out in all directions from my body.

All of the computers begin to spark and catch fire. I look at Sammi. She is staring at me so blankly. Shocked at what i just did. She isnt moving. Suddenly she collapses to the floor.

"Sammi?" I ask, falling to the floor beside her. I check for a pulse but there is none. "Help! SOMEONE HELP!" I shout.

Christena appears beside me. "Ive been eorking on that spell... thank god it worked. Whats wrong?" She asks nonshalontly. I look down at sammis body. "Oh... well... um...shit. Lets see what i can do about that"

She waves her hand over sammi and mutters a few words under her breath. We watch in silence for several seconds. But with each of these seconds it feels like hours are passing is by. We look for any sign of movement from Sammi... nothing.

Suddenly Sammi shoots straight up, gasping for air. She looks to Christena and smiles slightly. Between deep breaths she squeaks out "thank you" to her.

Then Sammi sees me. Her eyes grow big and she shuffles her body away from me as much as possible. She colides with the hard metal wall. Her eyes filled with fear.

"Sammi-" I start to say. I stop what I am saying when I see the look that Christena is giving me. She seems confused. But she is also very certain that I did something to hurt sammi and to scare her this much.

Sammi wimpers in the corner of the room. Christena gives me a look that says this isn't over yet.  Then she gets up and helps Sammi to her feet. She guides her off to the med wing to go check her out and make sure she is all fine.

I stay behind in the control room. most of the computers are now on fire, along with all of the papers that were on the desks.

All of our work to find Olivia is now gone. We are back to square one.

I grab a dire extinguisher off the wall and put out the fires. I sit down at the table in the centre of the room. I stare at the frodge for a second. Then, i get up and open it. I grab a tub of double chocolate chunk icecream.

I turn on the TV and flick through the chanels. I settle on a documentary about a terrorist attack called 9/11. I guess I need to catch up on some earth history, and what better time to do it than when youre sad and heart broken and lazy. I spend the entire day flicking back and forth between documentaries about anything from the world wars to penguins. I watch some strangw movie by a company called disney. The movie is named Pinochio. I got sort of addicted to disney after pinochios great sound track! And I may or may not have watched mean girls... both of them... I eventually just drift to sleep.

I do not dream tonight. I just have a calm, relaxing rest. No strings attatched.