Chapter 9: Sammi

I pull my only black dress out of my closet. I slip it on and walk over to the mirror.

It is a nice dress. Fitted at the top and flowy at the bottom. I is solid black and goes down just below my knees. The sleeves go down tp my wrists and have a small piece of fabric on the end that attatcges lnto my middle finger.

I slip on my small metal ring. It is made from my fathers suit. Tye had made it for me after my father died. He melted down a peice of metal that he went and retrieved from his suit before their funeral. In the centre of the ring is a tiny blue piece of the arc reactor fron his chest plate.

It is the only part of my father that i have left. And now, it is also the only part of Tye that i have left.

I brush out my long black hair until it is smooth. I put on some light makeup, but i make sure not to put any around my eyes. I know that it will just get messed up the second that i walk into the funeral and start crying.

Tye was amazing. He was one of my closest friends... but then i broke up with him and we just sort of slipped apart. He barely ever talked to me and I, him. I just wish that we could have made up and just became friends again before he... before...

I burst into tears. I cry and cry and im not even at the funeral yet. I just miss him. I just want my friend back! Thats all! And just when i might be able to get a chance to break down some walls that were between us, he gets killed... i cant even imagine how Seraphie is holding up...

I wipe up my tears and run out to Seraphies room. Christena and Josée are at the door.

"Hey... how is she?" I ask.

"Not good. We arent letting anyone in though. She needs some time to herself." Christena says.

"Please. I need to get in to see her. We both need this. Please." I beg.

"No!" Josée shouts. Balls of fire appear where her hands are.

I hear a small noise come from behind the door. Followed by a loud click and then the door slides open. Seraphie steps out.

I can see that she has been crying. Her eyes are all red and puffy.

"Hey..." I say softly. She doesnt answer. She just looks down at the floor. "Can i come in?"

She nods and walks back into the room. I follow her inside. We sit down on her bed in silence for a few moments.

"Seraphi-" she cuts me off by sobbing and falling into my arms. I cradle her head on my lap and try not to cry myself, but i dont succeed. We both just sit there crying with each other until Christena enters and tells us it is time to go to the funeral.

I help Seraphie up and adjust her hair. She smiles at me a little, but it quickly fades away. We walk, along with Josée and Christena.

Patrick is already waiting for us by the door. Small flecks of dirt cover his forehead and hands. He was the one who dug the grave this morning. Now all that is left to do is to say our last goodbyes and bury the casket.

We make our way outside and patrick leads us to a large hole in the ground. Inside is a large oak box. No one needs to say anything. We all know what is inside.

One by one we walk up to the hole and say our goodbyes. We each throw a different type of flower in. I throw a rose. Seraphie throws a tulip. Josée, a daisy. Christena, a daffodil. Patrick, a chrysanthemum.

Then, one by one, starting with Seraphie we each scoop one shovel full of dirt into the hole. After we have each placed one scoop, Josée fills in the rest of the hole with her powers.

I half expct for Patrick to make some joking remark about how Josée should have just dug the whole and made it that much easier. But he doesnt... no one does. This is a sad day. A terrible day. And now, we have to use this day to give us the strength to get revenge on Thanos for what he did to Tye and for what he has done to Olivia. Thanos will pay.