Chapter 26: Lucas

My eyes open slowly. It takes me a second the realize where i am. Im used to waking up in the ventalation system on titan. Now im at a superhuman base on midgard. I guess it wasnt just a dream... good.

I go to get up but feel a weight on my body. I look down and remember that Olivia is aleep on my chest. I smile a little as she starts to wake up. Her eyes are still closed but she moves in closer to me. Suddenly she shoots straight up gasping for air.

"What?" I ask her. The others wake up quickly and look around to see what s going on.

Olivias shakes her head and sits back down. "Sorry... it just scared me. I havent woken up even in the same room as other people in months, much less slept on them. I was kept in a room. I was isolated from most others. I would go out on missions and walk around the palace... but i was always alone at night." She says.

"Its okay. Youre safe now." I say, putting my arm around her for comfort. She curls in.

"Awww!" Sammi says a little too loudly. Everyone looks over at her. I give her a look that says 'really?'.

"Sorry. Man." Sammi laughs. "Not my fault you guys are my otp."

"Whats an otp?" I ask.

"One true pairing!" Sammi squeals.

"what the actual fuck sammi?" Seraphie says. "We havent even known lucas for 24 hours."

"But. Look. How. Cuute!" Sammi whines.

"You do know were both right here?" Olivia says.

"Yeah... im going to grab some breakfast... this is getting wierd. Olivia? Can you show me where i can get some good food? Maybe have some with me?" I say.

"Sure." Olivia says.

"What about us?" Tye laughs.

"What about you?" I laugh back.

"Do we get to come?" He asks.

"If you want to... or... we could just bring your food here in a little bit. You guys can get some more sleep?" I say.

"Im sold. Lets sleep people." Seraphie says.

"Agreed." Says tye.

"I dont know... im not actually that
ti--" seraphie and tye glare at her. "Okay... nevermind."

"Jeffery? You good?" Olivia asks.

"Yeah. Im tired too. Ill see you guys soon." He says falling back asleep.

"Ready to go?" Olivia asks.

"You bet." I say. She pulls herself off of me and up onto her feet. I stand up and follow right behind her out to the stock room.

"So whats the special?" I ask.

"Well... we have toaster chickens, bread, or...(my personal favorite) POP TARTS!" She exclaims.

"Pop tarts?" I ask.

"Yeah. Here try one." She says opening up the wrapper of a s'more pop tart. She passed me one and eat the other she eats herself.

"Whoah! Thats so good!" I laugh.

"Come on, lets bring some in for the others. Theyre probably starving." Shr says, probably hoping ti avoid the subject of the kiss. I still dont know how she felt about it.

"Wait." I say, stopping her before she go out the door. "Can we talk?"

"About what?" She says, playing dumb.

"You know what i mean." I say.

"Nope. I dont. But i cant talk anyway, gotta get this food to the oth--" she starts. I grab the food and speed out to the others. I am back before she can even blink her eye.

"Now. Lets talk. Please." I beg.

"Okay." She says. "So..."

"So..." I say.

"So...?" She asks.

"Oh right. Um... so..." I say cautiously. A goofy smile spread across my face. I step a little closer.

"Really?" She laughs.

"What?" I say with a puppy dog face.

"Stop!" She giggles, stepping closer.

"Stop what?" I ask.

"Making me like you." she says.

"Oh?" I ask. "Im making you like me?"

"Maybe...?" She giggles. Our faces almost touching.

"Then i guess its working." I say. She leans in and kisses me. I kiss back. I hold my hands on her waist as she runs hers through my hair.

A loud sound causes her to pull away and look to the source. We see jeffery and sammi staring at us with shocked looks on their faces and at least 20 boxes of pop tarts fallen at their feet.

"Shit... um... hi guys?" she says awkwardly.

"Oops... wrong room!" Jeffery exclaims and sprints out of the room.

"Um... same!" Sammi says. She runs after him. She pops her head back in quickly. "So cute!" She giggles. Then jeffery pulls her away.

"Well... that was..." she laughs awkwardly.

"Yeah..." I laugh.