Chapter 5

*****Please vote and comment if you find mistakes******

APOV

As I'm unlocking the door to my house I ask him if he is ok. He seems a little off at the moment. He tells me that he's ok. That he just got the chills. How can you get the chills in the middle of September? It's still warm outside. I shrug it off and go back to the task at hand. Getting him in the house and something to drink.

He follows me into the house. I throw my backpack on the couch in the living room. We head down the hallway into the kitchen. I turn around to make sure he's following me. He has stopped in the middle of the hallway looking at the pictures on the wall. I turn around and take a few steps closer to him to see what picture it is that he is looking at. It's the picture of me and my mom.

"Is this your mom?"

"Yeah" I say softly.

"Is she still at work too?" Tears start to form in my eyes.

"No" I shake my head slowly. "She passed away when I was 10" My voice breaks as I tell him.

"I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"It's ok. When I was 5 she had a massive stroke causing her to become paralyzed on her right side. She was unable to speak or move. She was in the hospital for over a year until the doctor's told us there was nothing more they could do for her. We had no choice but to put her in a nursing home. She lived out the rest of her life there until she caught some virus from another patient. Her body couldn't handle it and she died," Tears escaped from my eyes.

"What caused it? I mean the stroke what caused her to have a stroke?"

"I don't know, the doctor's never found a reasonable cause for it, it just happened"

"How old was she?"

"Young, she was only 30 when it happened" My tears are now falling harder down my face. Christian turns around and sees that I'm crying. Christian wraps his arms around me placing my head on his chest while rubbing circles with his hand on my back.

"Please don't cry. I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring up this sore subject," He says. He is still rubbing my back and holding my head with his other hand.

There's silence between the two of us. The only thing that can be heard right now is the beating of his heart. I lift my head away from his chest to look up at him. His eyes are closed. He now notices that I have removed myself from his chest. Opening his eyes he looks deep into my eyes. Christian leans his head forward and softly kisses me on the lips then looks at me again and says,

"Your lips are so soft when you cry" I swallow hard then blush. I'm sure my face is a deep crimson. Out of nowhere the atmosphere in the room changes and he removes his arms from me.

"How about that soda?" He asks. I giggle. Christian went from kissing me to asking me for a soda. Yeah, I can tell he doesn't do the girlfriend thing. Because if he did I'm sure he would have tried to go to second base. And I would have let him. Taking his hand I walk him into the kitchen where I offered him to take a seat at the kitchen island. I busy myself by grabbing two glasses from the cupboard and place them on the counter. Then I go into the freezer taking two handfuls of ice and toss them into the glasses. Opening the refrigerator I pull out the first can I see. Root beer. After pouring some into each glass I walk over to the kitchen island and hand him his glass.

"Thanks"

"You're welcome" Offering him a weak smile.

"So what are your plans for tonight since it's your birthday?" He asks after taking a large gulp.