Chapter 18

***I'm not really digging Christian POV in this chapter, but I don't feel like changing it a the moment.  Let me know what you think.  Don't forget to vote***

APOV

I'm not sure, but I think I might be dreaming. I swear I hear my dad and Christian talking to each other. I slowly open my eyes and look up and see Christian staring at me with loving eyes. He has a stunning smile displayed on his lips.

"Good morning Annie" I freeze when I hear my dad's voice from behind me. Christian's smile grows even bigger. I turn my head so fast that I nearly get whiplash and see my father sitting up in bed with a smile on his face as well. I push myself off of Christian and run over to the bed wrapping my arms as good as I can around my dad.

"Oh daddy" I cry out and squeeze him even tighter.

"Careful kiddo. You don't want to break me anymore than I already am"

"I'm sorry" I let go and wipe the tears from my eyes. "Dad what happened?"

"Well from what I can remember I was on my way to the store to pick up a few things that I needed for my fishing trip. I was stopped at a red light, after it turned green started on the gas. I was half way into the intersection when a car came speeding out of nowhere and hit the driver's side of my car. That's the last thing I remember before blacking out"

"I nearly died when the hospital called me. All I could think about was losing you" I started to cry.

"Annie, I'm not going anywhere" He picked up my hand and gave it a light squeeze.

I know. I was scared. I already lost one parent; I didn't want to lose another. I hardly ever left your side. The only time I went home was to eat or sleep"

"Home? You drove back and forth to Portland. Annie that's not wise"

"No" I shake my head. "I stayed at your house, and I'm going to stay there with you until you're fully recovered"

"What about your job, Annie?"

"You're more important than a stupid job at a book store. Besides, maybe I'll move back to Seattle and finally get a chance to put my degree to good use"

"Really?" Christian asks, staring at me from the other side of the bed.

"Maybe. I'm not sure yet"

"Annie, I would love to have you back home with me. Or at least somewhere close by" My dad smiles widely at the thought of me moving back to Seattle. Maybe it might be a good time for me to move back here. I can always ask for a transfer, or find a better job, and I'll be able to see Kate more often and spend time with Ava.

A yawn escapes from Christian's mouth. He must have not gotten any sleep. "Christian you should go home and get some sleep. I got things covered here" And I start to yawn myself.

"You both look as if you could use some proper sleep," My dad says.

"I'm fine dad. It's nothing that a cup of coffee can't fix"

"Annie, look at me. I'm not going anywhere at the moment. Go home and get some sleep. Once your rested, take a shower, then come back and visit me"

"Alright fine, but I'll be back in a couple of hours. I promise. While I'm gone you better get your rest too" My father nods his head. I gather up my things and give my dad a kiss on the cheek, and tell him I love him before I leave.

Getting to the elevator I push the call button and wait for it to arrive. When it does I step inside and press from the lobby. Just as the doors are about to close a hand reaches in causing the doors to reopen and Christian steps in.