Chapter 12

***Ok this is the last chapter I'm posting for this story until I come back from vacation on the 16th***

APOV

Summer is officially here, and I couldn't be happier. This means short shorts, tank tops, and most of all flip-flops. Although I'm a little worried. Christian has been a little distant with me ever since graduation. I don't know why either.

.....

Last night Kate texted informing me that Grace and her will be at my house around noon to pick me up to go dress shopping for the coping together gala that she is holding in her backyard.

I've never been to anything like this before. I'm also nervous because I think I'm going to tell Christian that I love him. I know I've already told him that I have strong feelings for him. I've also been thinking that maybe we should take our relationship to the next level. He is everything to me. He makes me feel special and wanted. Every morning I get a text from him saying "Morning beautiful" it always brings a smile to my face. I really can't see giving myself to anyone else but Christian.

Looking at my phone I see that it's 11:55. Kate and Mrs. Grey will be here any minute. Going downstairs my dad is sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey dad Mrs. Grey will be here soon to pick me up to go dress shopping"

"Ok honey. You guys have fun. Is there anything you need from me before you go?"

"Well now that you mention it" I smile. "Can I have your credit card?"

"Of course. Just try not to make me go broke" He jokes. I always hate asking him for money. Most of the time when he offers I turn him down.

He pulls out his wallet from his back pocket and opens it. He takes out his visa and hands it to me.

"Thanks Daddy"

"Your welcome. Anything I can do to put a smile on your face is worth handing this over"

Just as dad handed me his card the doorbell rang. Next the door opened reveling Kate with a great big smile on her face.

"You ready to go Steele?" I wave the credit card in the air and say, "Yup"

"Awesome let's go" I turned back to my dad. "Bye dad. See you later" He doesn't break his attention from the TV. All he does is wave. He is too interested in his TV show.

I follow Kate outside, making sure I shut the door behind me. When we get to Mrs. Grey car I open the back door but she stops me.

"Ana honey why don't you sit in front with me" I frown slightly. It's not that I don't mind sitting in front with Grace. I just wanted to talk to Kate about what's been going on with Christian and myself.

"Ok" I leave the door open so Kate can get in. I go to the front and get in, while we are driving to the mall I can see every so often she will look over at me and smile like a loving mother would. It's something I've missed over the years.

Arriving at the mall Mrs. Grey parks her car and the three of us step out. Walking into the mall I'm completely amazed by my surroundings. I've never been to the mall before. I'm one of those people who always shop at Walmart. I never understood why people would spend over a hundred dollars on a pair of jeans.

I'm off to go find myself a pair of shoes. You know they say that shoes are what make the dress. So if I find the right pair of shoes I'll find the right dress" Says Kate.

"Have fun with that Kate" I said to her. Grace laughs at my comment.

Grace takes me into a lovely dress shop. There are rows and rows of beautiful dresses. I don't think I have ever seen this many before. Luckily for Grace she finds her dress in no time. As for myself I'm having a hard time finding something.