chapter two

{ Quinn's POV }

I get home and ignore my aunts welcome home and her dinner invite. I usually just eat later after they do. Less face time then.

I sit at my desk and open up my laptop, typing in YouTube. The site pulls up and I start watching Shane Dawson videos. He cracks me up tbh.

I empty my pockets and the paper falls from my hands onto my desk. I open it to see the four different numbers with their names beside them. Really I don't want to talk to any of them. One is a flirty freak, another is rude, one is demanding, and then there's the quiet one. How does he even fit in with these assholes?

I toss the paper behind my laptop and forget about it. I've made one friend since I've been here. It's the neighbors daughter and she's basically just like me. A little fucked up, but still the most sane person you'll meet.

Her name is Opal, I like her name. It's really unique.

My phone buzzes, notifying me of a text.

from: opal

hey there's a sick party tonight, let's go. ;)

to: opal

I'll be over in 15 minutes, let me change.

from: opal

the front door will be unlocked.

I set my phone down and change from shorts to my black skinny jeans with a couple holes in them. I throw on a cute flowy crop top on that says Die Bitches.

I slide my vans on and grab my phone. I walk out of my room and realize I forgot my cigarettes. I go back in to grab them, my lighter, and make my way out of the front door.

I cut across the yard and walk into Opals house. She comes downstairs as I enter in her shorts, knee high socks, and a crop top.

"Ready?" she asks

"Of course."

We start walking down the street because it's not that far away. As we arrive I look on the dimly lighted porch and see teens. Horny, sweaty teens.

We walk up and I hear a familiar voice,

"Hey hot stuff what brings you here?" Michael says

"Booze." I flip him off and walk inside.

Opal looks at me confused and I give her the "ill explain later" look.

We push our way through and I run into Calum I believe. He gives me an awkward smile and moves on. Finally we get to the kitchen where all of the alcohol was. Oh boy did I turn into the heart eyes emoji real quick.

"Can I get you guys a drink?" Ashton says from behind us. He looks at Opal and is practically drooling.

"Sure make yourself useful." I say

He rolls his eyes as I feel a hand on my lower back. I look to my left and see Luke.

"Hey dumbass." he says

"Hi." I look at Ashton as I examine him pouring my drink.

"That's all I get, baby girl. A hi?" he says with a pout.

"You're kinda rude you know."

"How?" he asks

"Calling me a dumbass."

"If the shoe fits, baby girl." he smirks

Jesus Christ why does he keep calling me that.

Baby girl. What is he my daddy?

I roll my eyes at him, take my drink, and head outside. I need a cigarette ALREADY.

I light my cancerous stick and deeply inhale as I feel the toxic smoke send a sensation through my body to calm me down.

Then it's gone with one word.

"Smoker? Wouldn't have guessed that." Luke says as he come and joins me off to the side of the yard.

"Can't you just leave me alone for all of 5 minutes?"

"Nope, can't let you out of my sight baby girl."

Fucking Christ. Stop. Calling. Me. That. You. Aren't. Even. My. Boy friend.

"Yes you can, you don't own me."

"Not yet."

I look at him questioningly because of the words that just escaped his mouth. He didn't just say that, right?

"I'm not a pet."

"No but you're going to be mine, soon enough."

"Fuck off." I hiss as I throw out my cigarette and storm away. Maybe I can lose him in the crowd.

No one is going to tell me what I am and what I am not going to do. Who does he think he is?

I quickly find Opal dancing with Ashton and whisper in her ear that we need to leave. She nods in agreement and waves goodbye to Ashton.

We start walking down the street, slightly intoxicated.

"Hey!" I hear someone yell and not in a I want your attention kind of way, like a I'm pissed kind of way.

We stop in our tracks and I turn around to see Luke standing in the middle of the street about 50 feet away from us.

What does he want now?

"Did I tell you that you could leave?" he questions me.

"No because I am my own person, I can make my own fucking decisions."

Opal stands there severely confused. Luke starts walking towards me and at this point I'm fed up.

"Let's not get an attitude. Because I'll take care of that if you want me to?" He scolds me.

"What the fuck?"

"You do what daddy tells you." he winks at me as he smirks.

I look at Opal for guidance and she stares at Luke with her jaw dropped on the ground.

As for me, I'm speechless.