chapter fourteen

{ Quinn's POV }

He's in love with me?

Why me?

What makes me so special?

Luke snaps his fingers in front of my face to regain my attention.

"I um..I-" Luke cuts me off.

"Look it's okay if you don't feel the same way. I understand and I'm willing to wait for your love." he explains.

"No Luke, I just don't know how to say it. I've never loved someone, or felt love."

"Just say it." he starts smiling a little.

"I-I I love you lucifer." I say and feel butterflies in my stomach for the first time.

"See, it wasn't hard." He makes a plate and walks over to the table. I follow him with my plate and sit down.

"You don't think it's crazy that we love each other already, do you?" I ask out of curiosity.

"No, love has no time limit. you could love someone in two weeks or two years. It all depends on your bond and shit." he says

I nod and eat my pancakes peacefully. I do love him, but it's the beginning stages of love. It's cute and stuff and you're still feeling it all out.

We finish eating, Luke takes our plates and puts them in the sink.

"I really do love you Quinn." he says randomly.

"I really do love you too Luke." I mock him.

Luke goes to speak again, but is cut off by his phone ringing.

"What do they want." he lets out a frustrated groan and answers.

"Yes Michael."

"Mhm."

"Alright."

"See you in a little bit."

He pulls the phone from his face and I look at him waiting for details.

"What?" he says

"Well, what did Mr.Clifford have to say?"

"Oh he's coming over in like 10 minutes."

I nod and look down at my phone.

"I need to get going, my aunt is probably worried sick." I say

"I don't want you to go though." Luke pouts.

"I'll be back Luke."

"Okay.." he says

I leave him in the kitchen and go upstairs to grab any of my stuff. I collect my belongings and make my way back downstairs, I start walking to the front door when Luke runs up.

"Wait." he says

I don't even get one word out when he smashes his lips against mine. He puts his hand against the door, notifying me that he's not done kissing me.

I drop my things and wrap my arms around his neck. His hands slide down to my bum as he squeezes it lightly.

After a minute or two I pull away from him. His lips swollen along with mine.

"Luke I really need to go now." I say

He gives me a simple nod and kisses my forehead. I pick up my stuff as he opens the door for me.

"At least let me drive you." he speaks up

"I can walk it's no big deal."

"No, let me drive you."