chapter thirteen

{ Quinn's POV }

I wake up next to Luke, his hand intertwined with mine as he slept peacefully. I check my phone and see no messages, not even from Opal.

Weird.

I let go of Luke's hand and carefully get up trying not to wake him. I pull on my shorts and walk downstairs to go outside. I light a cigarette and take a seat on the bench out front.

I watch birds fly around and chirp in the crisp air. It's rolling up on fall time, so the air is breezy and crisp.

I take a long drag and let the smoke fill my lungs. Then I hear someone clear their throat.

"Smoking without me?" Luke says in his husky morning voice.

"Luke you don't have to be up, it's early." I look at my phone and notice it's 7:30 a.m.

"It's fine." he rubs his sleepy eyes and sits next to me. He carefully takes my cigarette, ashes it, and puts it between his lips.

I rest my head on his shoulder and continue watching nature at its best. He rubs circles in my lower back with his fingers. I get goosebumps from the air and his touch.

"You cold?" he asks

"Yeah a little, but I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes Lucas, I'm sure."

He glares at me for calling him Lucas. He absolutely hates that name. I think it's funny occasionally because he knows I say it to irritate him.

"Don't call me that anymore." he says as he hands me back my cigarette.

I take it from him and put it between my lips. I'll still call him Lucas whenever I please.

"Okay breadstick." I say with a chuckle.

He pinches my thigh causing me to yelp.

"Quit calling me names!"

"Okay then, daddy." I smirk at him and see his face change from aggressive to shocked.

"Thats all you're allowed to call me, okay?" he says

"Fine." I say bluntly

Luke picks up on my sassy attitude and takes the cigarette from me and tosses it in the yard.

I look at him with a "I can't believe you just did that" face.

Luke then picks me up and puts me over his shoulder as he runs back upstairs with me.

I grunt and fight him a little and he shushes me because his mom is asleep still. We reach his familiar bedroom where he shuts the door, locking it. He walks over to the bed and throws me down, making me let out a grunt when I hit the mattress.

He doesn't hesitate to pull his shirt off along with the rest of his clothes, leaving him in only his boxers.

He starts undressing me while looking me dead in the eyes. Something's different about it though, his eyes aren't dark. They are the normal shade of blue that they would always be.

After a second I'm left in nothing but my undergarments. I feel our lips connect and move in sync with each other as his hands roam my body.

He feels so much gentler than usual, I wonder what's different?

"Baby girl." he says in between kisses.

"Yes?" He moves down to my neck and softly kisses my delicate skin and weak spots.

"I'm going to make love to you." he says quietly

My eyes nearly fall out of their sockets. Did he just say he was going to make love to me?

Pull yourself together Quinn, it can't be any different than usual. Right?

Wrong.

We strip down to our bare bodies, where Luke carefully lines himself up and pushes in my entrance slowly.

My god, did it feel different. I'm so use to him being so ruff and forceful about things.

This time it's more pleasurable for me. He slowly thrusts himself in and out, letting small moans escape his lips.

God that's a bigger turn on than anything.

I pull his face closer to passionately kiss him as he keeps going, picking up his pace but not by much.

After about 10 minutes, which is longer than both of us have lasted, I start feeling a knotting sensation in my stomach.

"Faster daddy." I beg him as he obeys.

I press my nails deep into him shoulder blades as I reach my climax. Luke reaches his just seconds later, he lays down next to me and pulls me close.

"I enjoyed that much more than any other time we've had sex." he says to me as he kisses my cheek.

"As did I, penguin." I look over at him and see his messy quiff all sweaty. Why does he have to be so attractive?

That's right, cause he's Luke Hemmings for god sakes.

We lay there in each other's arms for about an hour, then my stomach growls at me. Luke giggles because it was so loud.

"You hungry?" he asks

"No my stomach just growls all the time." I say sarcastically.

"Okay, I won't make pancakes then." he says back with sass.

My eyes widen at the sound of pancakes.

"Lukey, please make me pancakes!!" I exclaim and beg.

"Alright, alright." he gets up and puts his clothes back on.

"You know, it turns me on a lot, but damn baby girl you scratched me ALL up." he says causing me to turn red and chuckle.

Luke walks out of the room and I get dressed, I slide back on my shorts and put his shirt on. It's so cozy.

I walk downstairs to the smell of pancakes, when I round the corner I see Luke at the stove making my favorites.

Chocolate chip pancakes.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around him.

"You know these are my favorite kind of pancakes."

"I know." he says

"How?"

"Opal. She filled me in on everything I needed to know about you." he looks back and shoots me a smile.

"Well wasn't that sweet of her."

"Mhm." he concentrates on flipping the pancakes as I let go of him.

I hop up on the counter next to him and watch him cook.

"You know Quinn.." he starts

"What?"

"Never mind."

"Tell me."

"It'll scare you off, forget it." he says as he puts the pancakes on a plate and sets them next to me.

I look at him in confusion and now I'm a little upset. Why won't he tell me whatever it is that is on his mind all of the sudden?

Does he not trust me?

"Luke. Tell me please."

"If I do please promise you won't leave me. I don't want to lose you."

"I won't leave, promise." I stick my pinky out and he locks his with mine.

"I uh, I think I'm in love with you."