chapter twenty-five

{ Luke's POV }

We don't really say much as we lay there. We let the silence speak for us. I don't question her at all, knowing she'll just get up and leave. I can't have that.

"I'm sorry." I choke out.

She stays quiet as if absorbing the apology.

"I'm sorry too." she whispers

I let out a deep breath when her apology rolls off her tongue.

Silence.

The silence in the room stings as we lay there. I feel like we should talk about something or do something.

Suddenly I hear a phone go off. Please don't tell me it's mine, I don't want to see the boys today. I look over to see mine unphased.

I look back to see Quinn typing away.

"I have to go Luke."

Her words hit me like a bullet.

Seriously?

"Um..Yeah okay.." I say quietly.

She puts her leggings and converse back on quickly and grabs her phone.

"Bye."

She darts out of my room before I could say anything.

Just like that she was gone.

I hear footsteps outside my door moments later, I instantly perk up thinking it may be Quinn.

Nope.

My mom walks in, with a sad look.

"Hun, what's going on?" she asks

"I don't know mum."

"You guys have gotten distant lately. This isn't good, you just got a place together and you haven't even moved in yet."

"Well sorry for to much info but we just had sex. Does that say distant to you?"

"It does when she leaves randomly and doesn't talk much."

I fall silent.

My mom is right. We are distant and I don't know how to fix it.

I lay back down as my mom walks over to my bed. She tosses my boxers to me and sits down.

I slide them on under my sheets and burry my face into the pillow. Liz rubs my back and try's to cheer me up.

"Honey, maybe she just needs space."

"Well if she needs space we don't need to get this apartment. What is she going to do when she needs space and we live together?"

Liz sighs and gives my arm a squeeze as she gets up.

"Just start packing sweetie and take your stuff over there. She'll do the same if she really loves you."

Like that my mom was gone.

I get up and stop feeling sorry for myself. I throw some of my belongings in boxes and gradually take them down stairs to my car.

After two hours, most of my room is now in my car. All I have left are my numerous band posters and a few articles of clothes and shoes.

I throw on a hoodie and shoes as I tell my mom goodbye.

"I'll be back for dinner hopefully, but if not don't wait up."

Liz smiles and nods as I walk out of the door. I hop in my slam packed car and drive off to the apartment complex.

Thank god there is an elevator, I just load everything I can onto a cart and hop on it.

When I reach the door of my place I fish around in my pocket for the keys.

I hear talking come from the inside, no one else has keys to this place except Quinn.

"Stop!!" I hear a female voice scream as I quickly pull my keys out.

I unlock the door and see Quinn laying on the floor with Michael over her. Tears streaming down her face as she tries to push Michael off.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??" I yell as Michael backs off her and smooths out his Green Day shirt.

Quinn pulls the flannel she took from me over her chest as she moves away from Michael.

"Well?!?"

"He wanted to meet up with me to talk and I told him to just meet me here and when we got inside we talked and next thing I know he's on top of me kissing me and trying to take my clothes off." she sobs and chokes as she explains to me what happened.

"Get the fuck out Michael and don't ever come around here again."

He doesn't hesitate to run out of the apartment as I reach for Quinn. She backs away from me and puts herself in a corner.

"Quinn, I'm not going to hurt you."

I sit myself in front of her, Indian style, as I try to convince her to come to me.

She wipes away tears from her face with her hand, the flannel sleeve slides down to reveal her already bruised wrists.

Michael just doesn't seem like the type of guy to do this.

"Did Michael seem off to you?"

"Other than the fact he tried to rape me um yeah I'd say so." she grits her teeth and burrows her face in her hands.

He must be using again, he use to take acid back in highschool. It made him super crazy and not himself.

I get up and go pull the cart with my things on it inside the apartment. I shut the door and lock it as I turn back to see Quinn still sitting in the dark room. I grab my penguin blanket along with others and the pillows I grabbed from home. I start making a pallet in the floor and I find some candles my mom gave me because she knew it'd get dark soon and we don't have power yet.

I light the candles and set them around the room, soon illuminating the whole area.

"Come here, baby girl."

Quinn carefully crawls over to the pallet and lays down. I do the same and her arms immediately wrap themselves around me.

"You're okay. I'm here now."

"I don't know what would have happened if you weren't." she whispers.

"Shh." I feel wetness on my shirt from her tears.

After a few minutes she's sound asleep, I let go of her and inspect her body. Making sure she isn't hurt too severely.

Her wrists are bruised, she has many hickeys from him, pretty deep bite marks, and other bruises.

I can't believe I let this happen, if I would have stopped her from leaving earlier we wouldn't be here right now.

***authors note***
so I think the time has come, tonight I'll be releasing the first chapter to Daddy Ash. I'm so excited and I hope you all like it as much as you do this one. ;)

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share this story and my new one! Keep an eye out tonight to catch my new fan fic!