chapter twenty-eight

*** authors note ***
CAN YOU GUYS DO ME A SOLID AND READ DADDY ASH. IM SO SAD BECAUSE IT DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME LOVE AS THIS ONE.

{ Quinn's POV }

There she was.

On my front door step, puffy eyes and all.

"Mom?"

"Sweetheart.."

I haven't seen her since I left America. She looks terrible, confused, and empty.

"Why are you here? H-How did you find me?"

"Jess..Can I come in?"

Luke answers before me.

"Yes, come on in." he moves out of the way to let her in and shut the door.

"Sweetheart..your dad left me." She says as she has a tear roll down her face and onto my carpet.

"What??" I feel anger build inside of me.

"He left me for some girl. She's like 20." She looks down at the floor.

"Well why are you here then?"

"I'm going to stay with Jess, he took he house, cars, everything. I had no where to go but here."

I feel sorry for my mom, I do love her, I just still can't forget how she use to treat me. She use to act as if I was nothing less than dirt. Now here she is crying in my apartment.

"I'm really sorry mom."

She nods and sniffles.

"I guess I should get going, Jess is helping me settle in."

"Okay.." I walk to her and embrace her tightly. She's a little taken back but hugs me back, loosely.

"Bye sweetheart." She kisses my cheek and turns to Luke.

"Bye.. um.."

"Luke" he shoots her a friendly smile.

"Bye Luke." she smiles back.

Like that my mom was gone.

"Wow.." Luke breaks the silence.

I go to speak but choke on my own spit and start a coughing fit.

Luke pats my back as water brims my eyes from all the coughing.

"Shit." I finally mutter out.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry."

He nods and rubs my back softly.

"So your mom." he says

"This is crazy. I haven't talked to her since I left." I look over at Luke, still baffled about her showing up like that.

"Do yall have a bad relationship?"

"Kind of."

"Didn't seem like it, you didn't hesitate to hug her."

"Even though we aren't cool it doesn't mean I don't love her."

"Oh."

I get up and return to our room, I throw my body down on the bed and lay flat on my stomach.

Due to my small boobs I can lay comfortably on my tummy.

I cover my face with a blanket and go into hiding.

I shut down and don't talk for hours.

During that time, Luke plays video games and leaves me be. Knowing my attitude there's no telling what I'm capable of saying or doing at this time.

I hear the doorbell ring again and my body tenses.

Who is it now??

"Thanks dude." I hear Luke say as the door shuts again.

"PIZZA QUINN." he yells to me from the kitchen.

I relax, it was just the delivery boy.

I hear the door to our room open.

"Quinn, please come eat. You don't have to talk just eat."

I get up and walk past him without saying a word. I go straight to the box and grab a slice and start mowing down.

"Am I going to be able to go to work tomorrow?" Luke asks in a worried tone.

I look him in the eyes and see fear in them. He's afraid I'll pull the same stunt I did today.

"Yes. I'm fine I promise."

"Are you sure, I can call in sick?"

"Yes, stop worrying."

He looks down at the floor, still worried about me. Yes, I'm depressed.

I finish eating and return to my hiding place under his penguin blanket.

An hour later Luke slides in bed.

"I don't know if you're awake because I can't see your face and you aren't talking so I'll just talk."

I stay quiet as he pauses for a second.

"Quinn, I love you. I care so deeply for you that I'm scared to lose you. That's why I'm worried about you. If you weren't here anymore I couldn't go on. You're my life line. The love of my life. My baby girl. I don't know where I'm going with this but please, don't leave me." he gets quiet and I figure he's fallen asleep.

I uncover my face to meet his glistening blue eyes.

"I love you too..daddy." Luke grabs me and embraces me tightly.

"I won't leave you."

He holds me tight as we lay in the darkness.

"I miss you." he says

"I'm here what do you mean?"

"The old you, the you I fell for at first sight. Not saying I don't still love you right now I just miss how happy you were even though we hit bumps in the road at first."

That's when I grabbed his face and kissed him for the first time in awhile, like I meant it.

Luke slipped his hands to my lower back as he pulled my lower half close to him.

My eyes part slightly and I see Luke's expression as he kisses me. He's sad but it's also like he's extremely concentrated or something.

His eye brows are furrowed and his eyes are slightly scrunched as if he's holding something back. Then I see it.

A tear.

I break out kiss as the tear falls down his face.

He looks at me as if he has no idea there's a tear trail down his cheek.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not I just...I don't know, it felt like kissing you for the first time all over again."

"Yeah but the te-"

Luke holds a finger up to my lips to hush me.

"Stop, it was just a tear. I'm not crying."

I kiss his finger that he has placed on my lips, causing a smile to form on his face.

I slowly push him over on his back and crawl on top of his torso. I plant my bum right on his lap, grabbing his hands as I hold them and look down at him.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm not sure yet." I reply.

Confusion writes itself all over Luke's face, he lets out a low chuckle while I continue to mess with his long calloused fingers.

"Well I'm not sure if this is the appropriate time to say this, but you sitting in my lap is kind of turning me on." I know he's blushing, but I can't see that well due to the darkness.

He's like a school boy when he talks about sex, but he's the god damn devil in bed.

Sometimes I wish he'd fuck me like he did for the first time.