chapter thirty

*** authors note ***
I'm so happy this has hit 3K omg. love you all. pls share the same love with Daddy Ash. it would mean a lot. :) Also, this story is coming to an end this chapter. It's been a good story, but all great things must come to an end.

{ Quinn's POV }

2 years later

"Luke?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know what today is?"

"Yes, it's the day I fell in love with you."

I softly smile at the way he says it. It's our two year anniversary. We have a dog and a nicer apartment now. Our landlord turned out to be a dickhead and the apartment was just getting cramped.

"How about I take you out to dinner and then a movie?"

"I like that."

"Your favorite pizza place okay?"

"Duh." I wink at him and giggle.

"I love seeing you this way." he says

"Like what?"

"Just happy and yourself. It makes me happy."

I kiss his cheek and head off to our room to get dressed.

My phone dings.

It my mother, AGAIN.

Since she moved here two years ago our relationship has grown. We hang it a lot more and we talk about things quite a bit. She's still single since my dad left her, but she just got on that Tinder dating site.

Every time someone matches with her she feels the need to text me and tell me about it. I guess Jess is tired of hearing her talk about it so she's turned to me.

Speaking of Jess, she's remarried now. I have a new uncle and he's about 20 times better than my last. He treats her the way she should be treated and nothing less.

Luke walks in our room and clears his throat.

"You almost ready?"

"Yeah just a couple more seconds please." I give him a cheeky smile and he nods returning a smile.

Once I finish I walk out in his old black and grey flannel, black jeans, and my black boots.

Luke's jaw hits the floor when he sees me. Last time I wore this flannel we did some bad things. He hasn't seen in in so long I'm sure he forgot about that day up until now.

"You look stunning as always, baby girl." he looks me up and down, slightly licking his lips.

"Thank you, daddy." I wink at him and intertwine my fingers with his.

"Shall we?" I gesture towards the door.

He nods and walks side by side with me. We actually live a lot closer to my favorite pizza parlor now so we can walk to it.

The chilling evening air brushed across my face as we walk down the street. Pretty soon we reach the parlor and walk inside.

It's unusually empty.

Weird.

Luke and I walk back to our usual booth and take a seat. The waiter comes over and gets us drinks as he puts in the order we always get.

If you can't tell we are regulars here.

After small talk and waiting for our food it finally arrives. Steaming rising from the cheese as the waiter sets it on the little rack.

"Enjoy." he gives us a smile and walks away.

"Why is everyone acting so strange tonight? He never really talks to us." I ask.

"I don't know."

"Why is it so dead too? Friday's are always crazy."

I pull a slice from the pan and set it on my plate to cool off. Luke watches me carefully.

"What?" I laugh slightly.

"Nothing."

"You're being weird." I smile a little and nod it off.

I take a bite of my pizza and notice something hard in it.

"What the fuck?" I say with a mouth full of pizza.

"What baby girl?" Luke looks at me.

I spit out the bite in my hand and search through it to see what the hard object was.

Then I see a sparkle.

I blink a couple times as I pull the foreign object out of my slightly chewed up pizza.

"Luke.."

I feel my eyes brim with water as I look up at him. I drop the rest of the chewed up pizza on my plate as I clean off the object.

"Luke you didn't."

He get up and drops down on one knee as he take my free hand.

"Quinn, since the day I met you I knew you were going to be the woman I spend the rest of my life with. You are the light in my darkness. I love you with all of my heart and can't imagine going a day without you. So with that being said, Will you marry me?"

The tears flood my face as he pours his heart out to me. I find myself shaking my head yes before any words can escape my lips.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes." I finally spit out as he dips the ring in his water to rinse it off and slide it on my tiny finger.

I quickly embrace him tightly. I wasn't expecting this at all. I can't believe he planned this all out.

"I love you so much." I say.

"I love you to the moon and back."

Luke sits back down as I wipe of my face from crying, I can't even eat anymore. I'm so excited and happy that I can't think straight.

"You want to take the rest of this home?" Luke asks me.

"Yeah that'd be nice." I smile at him and examine the new piece of jewelry on my hand.

"I hope you like the ring. I didn't know what to get you."

"I love it."

"I thought you would."

We exchange smiles, pack up our food, and head back home. I decided to just spend the rest of the night at home instead of a movie. I've had enough excitement for the night.

Luke and I head off to bed with our black lab trailing behind us. She hops in bed with us and curls up right in between us.

"I love you, baby girl."

"I love you, daddy."