chapter twenty-one

{ Quinn's POV }

three days later

Luke and I pull up to this cute apartment complex. We see the landlord waiting by the steps for us. I let Luke lead the way since he'll be doing the talking and not me.

The landlord greets us and takes us up the metal stair case. He pulls out a huge ring full of keys, he find the one labeled with the apartment number and lets us in.

As soon as the door opens I know this is it. It's a one bedroom, one and a half bathroom, nice living room and kitchen. It even has a balcony for us to chill out on.

"Luke. This is the one." I look at him and smile a little.

"I agree."

He turns back around to face the land lord and tells him we are in. He puts a finger up, runs down to his car, and brings back paper work.

"Here you are, sir." He hands Luke a stack of papers and a pen.

"Thank you." We walk over to the bar counter top and Luke starts writing things down. He signs on a bunch of dotted lines and initals in certain places.

About 45 minutes later the land lord hands us a set of keys, shakes our hands, and welcomes us to our new home.

He leaves us alone in our new apartment. Luke turns to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm so happy we are doing this." he smiles at me.

"Me too."

"There's no one else I'd rather live with." he trails.

"Well maybe Ashton, but that's beside the point." he winks at me and laughs.

I playfully punch him in the chest and pout. Of course he'd want to live with Ashton.

"I can't believe you. You two are lashton as fuck."

"Lashton?"

"Yeah like Luke and Ashton put together, it's a ship." I chuckle at his lack of tumblr knowledge.

"Oh! Well okay. We are lashton as fuck." he grins as we let go of each other. I walk around and find the door to our bedroom. It's perfect.

"Luke this is perfect." I say over my shoulder.

"Let's see how perfect it really is." He turns me around and picks me up, putting my back against the wall.

"How's that?" he asks with a smirk.

"Pretty damn perfect." I laugh and he sets me down.

Before I walk away Luke grabs my face and kisses me.

"I'm ready to move in."

"Me too, baby girl."

Soon we lock up and go back downstairs to hop in Luke's car. We drive off and his phone rings.

Michael.

"Hello?"

"What do you want Mikey."

"It's whatever. We've moved past that."

"Uh huh."

"Yep."

"See ya."

He hits the end button and continues to drive without saying anything.

I clear my throat and catch his attention.

"What was that about?" I ask

"He was apologizing for.. you know.. and he's coming to my house later."

"Luke I'm spending the night. Do you really think that's a good idea to bring him there while I'm there."

"I don't see a problem."

"Luke! I don't feel comfortable around him now!"

"Well it's too late now he's probably already there." he says quietly.

"You know what, forget it, take me home." I say bitterly

Luke stops the car and looks at me.

"Are you seriously going to act like this? It's just Michael, we've all moved past this deal and we are moving forward."

"You don't fucking get it." I angerly chuckle and unbuckle.

"Just go home Luke." I open the door and get out, slamming it.

I start walking, my house is less than a block away it won't kill me.

Luke pulls up next to me and paces me.

"Babe seriously. Get in the fucking car."

"No! Just fucking go home! I have shit I need to do anyways!!"

Luke stops and puts the car in park, leaving it running. He gets out and walks in front of me, grabbing my wrists so I can't hit him.

"Get in the car, please."

"Leave me alone Luke I need to be alone right now."

"I'm not letting you leave me, again." he says, tears forming in his baby blue eyes.

I can see the fear in his eyes, his greatest fear is losing me.

A droplet runs down his cheek from his eye as I take one hand from his grasp and wipe it away.

"Luke don't cry. Please. I'm not leaving you."

He wraps his arms around my neck and burrows his face in my neck. I wrap my arms around him and rub his back softly.

"Luke, I love you."

"I love you too." he mumbles into my neck.

"Now please, go home, and hang with Michael. I'm going to go home and pack. Okay?"

"Okay.." he says quietly, he still doesn't want me to go home but we'll never move if I don't go home to pack.

I let go of him and he's does the same. I lightly kiss his cheek and wipe any tears from his face.

He jumps back in his car and I walk down the street a little more, enjoying the fresh air.

He passes by me and I wave to him, getting a half smile from him.

I walk up my driveway and see my aunt outside watering flowers.

"Hey you." she says

"Hey, what's up."

"Not too much, how'd the apartment go?"

"Great, we got it." I smile

"Awesome!! I guess I should help you pack now." She laughs a little and I nod my head yes.

"Well I'm going to make dinner and we can eat, then pack." she smiles at me and I do the same.

I open the front door and head straight upstairs. I sit at my desk and open my laptop, I need to watch some Shane Dawson to chill me out.

I click on his latest video and watch it. Slight giggles come from my mouth and little smiles.

He always knows how to cheer a girl up.

My aunt yells for me downstairs to come and eat, guess she just made soup.

Yup.

We sit down and eat, my uncle is out of town so it's just us.

You know, he sure has been out of town a lot.