chapter twenty-two

{ Quinn's POV }

My aunt lets me know that she's going to be going to the airport to get my uncle late tonight and to disregard and fumbling.

My uncle is kind of clumsy so it's kind of guaranteed that he'll drop something or slam something into a wall.

Its about 2 a.m. though and she left about an hour and a half ago. They should be walking in at any moment now.

I lay there in bed and scroll through my social media sites. Then I hear a bang.

Probably just my uncle and aunt bringing his luggage in.

This bang was followed by another, and the sound of my aunt crying.

I get up and run to my door, cracking it open to hear what's going on. My uncle is saying something to her in a low tone but she's crying?

I sneak down the hall and sit on the stair case and peep through the rails.

"You're going to keep your mouth shut. Okay, Jess." he says as she barley nods. My uncle has his large hand around my aunts throat as she barley gasps for air.

I come down the stairs and flip the lights on.

"What the fuck are you doing Dave?"

He whips his attention to me now and losens his grip on my aunt Jess.

"Go back upstairs kid."

"Fuck you, you aren't my father and you can't have your hands on her like that!" I walk towards him and try to grab his arm to release my aunt.

Little did I know he'd back hand me and I'd be on the floor.

I hold my face in pain as I let out a groan.

"Fuck." I mutter to myself, feeling the heat and sting from his hand on my cheek.

He turns his attention to Jess again. I take advantage of it and kick him in the back of the knee, making him fall to the floor.

Jess backs away and gasps for air as she runs to get the house phone.

"You spoiled little brat." he hisses at me

"I'm not a fucking brat!!" I scream as I jump on him and punch him repeatedly in the face.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE FUCKING STAYED WHERE YOU WERE!" I scream at him as his face begins to bleed.

Jess dials 911 and tries to get me off of him.

Moments later I hear cops arrive along with an ambulance. The sirens and noises fade out as everything becomes a blur.

If I would have left yesterday, she could have possibly been dead.

Jess grabs my arm and leads me out of the house with the cops. Once I'm outside, Opal runs over to us with a worried look.

All I can see are her lips moving, I hear nothing.

Nothing except Luke.

Wait Luke?

I turn around and see him running to me. He doesn't stop and he slams his body into mine, hugging me tightly.

Jess and Opal walk to the ambulance so they can examine her. Luke holds me tightly until a paramedic asks to look at me and make sure I'm okay.

I see the police escort my uncle out of the house and straight into a cop car. Luke looks at him and back at me, noticing the bruise across my cheek.

"He did this to you?" He slightly chokes.

I nod and look down at the ground while the paramedic cleans my knuckles. The flesh is ripped open and blood is pouring out.

Luke kisses my forehead and checks on Jess. She has major bruising and a slight concussion from her head being slammed against the wall.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you stay with us tonight?"

"Of course."

After and hour, a police report, and a bunch of bandages on my end, we finally go inside and calm down.

Luke makes tea for me and coffee for Jess.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask Jess

"I'll be fine, just don't let me sleep." she gives me a weak smile.

"So what started all of this?" Luke asks

"On the way home from the airport someone texted him. I was too tired to drive so he did. He told me to see who it was and I guess he wasn't expecting it to be anyone in particular but it said "Dana" so I of course asked and he started babbling so I called him a cheater. He slapped me and told me to shut up, then we got here and he threw me into the wall a couple times and choked me. Then that's when Quinn came down and basically saved me." she looks over at me with tears in her eyes.

Luke gets silent as if unsure of what to say. He follows his instinct and walks around to hug my aunt.

"I'm sorry." he whispers

"It's okay sweetie." she says, wiping her face.

"I knew he was cheating, he's been gone a lot lately. I just didn't think he'd hurt me, or Quinn, if I accused him."

I rub her back softly and feel my eyes start to droop.

"You tired babe?" Luke looks at me and I nod.

"Can you make sure she doesn't sleep? I'm just going to sleep for an hour and then you can."

Luke nods and I walk over to the couch. He brings a blanket and covers me, kissing my lips softly.

"I love you." he says

"I love you more."

Jess walks over to the other couch and sits down, turning the tv on. Luke sits in the floor right in front of me, holding my hand tightly.

After a couple minutes of his thumb stroking the back of my hand my eyes get heavy. I slowly doze off and the last thing I hear his Luke's soft giggle because of something on tv.

***authors note***
so comment when you guys think I should release Daddy Ash. I'm unsure and I want feedback because I want you guys to love it as much as you do this one. 😇

anyways love you guys and please, let me know when you want my next fan fic to come out! 😊