eleven

ARIES: The token that represents them would be a cigarette lighter. They have a lot of fuel on the inside, waiting to be put to use. When that energy comes out, everyone is drawn to it's vibrancy and warmth.

A T H E N A

THE INCREDULOUS VISUAL of Calum sound asleep with his arms secured tight around Athena's torso. All memories of her breakdown caused a sick feeling to enter her gut, embarrassment flooding her cheeks.

Calum lightly snored, his hand rested on her stomach as she tried to escape his grip. Athena felt extremely guilty for burdening Calum like that, she didn't even realize she was crying until Calum stopped her and then everything fell apart. Her vulnerable side appeared before him, yet he let her stay in his own house. They were supposed to hate each other. Why would he do that?

Though Calum sometimes annoyed Athena to the depths of hell, she knew that she couldn't just leave like that.  And considering that her phone had been off and she didn't drive her car here, she had no choice but to make Calum breakfast or something.  It was the least she could do for being such a weak, humiliating girl.

"Calum," Athena whispered, not wanting to really wake him up, but she couldn't escape his tight grip.  Calum groaned, his hand creeping up to squeeze her breast causing Athena to scoff.  "Jesus Christ, you are a perv even when you're sleeping, aren't you?"

Calum's perfunctory action limited Athena's options of escape, she cautiously pried his hand off of her breast and tip-toed to his bathroom. His bathroom was a lot neater than she expected, a purple spare toothbrush was kept in the first wooden drawer. Athena glanced at the mirror, her once straight black hair had curled at the humidity and her mascara dried at the ends of her eyes.

"You look like shit." Athena pinched the bridge of her nose, her reflection taunting her of what had happened hours ago. Twisting the faucet, Athena dipped her fingers into the cold tap water, washing her face before brushing her teeth.

The creaking stairs echoed throughout the house in contrast to Athena's wish to remain as quiet as possible. The house was decorated rather warm compared to her modern place. With the TV filling the silence, Athena rummaged the wooden cabinets, unable to find ingredients to cook anything.

"You know, usually it is me who leaves the girl before she wakes up. Not the other way around." Athena jumped up at the sudden voice, turning to see Calum groggily leaned against the light blue wall. "You really are something, Athena."

"Jesus Christ, you scared me." Athena held a hand to her beating heart and crossed her arms as he laughed. "You literally have nothing in your kitchen."

"Mali probably eliminated every cookable object for safety concerns." Calum rolled his eyes, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants as he walked to Athena. "Do you feel better?"

"I can't feel anything on an empty stomach." Athena shrugged, Calum scoffed as he pulled on her arm while grabbing his keys. He ruffled his bed hair, his eyes fluttering shut every now and then.

"Then let's go to iHop." Calum raised his eyebrows when Athena opened her mouth, half of her wanted to oppose while the other half didn't.

"But we have school." Athena didn't want to fall behind on her subjects because she knew that she wouldn't be able to escape where she lived without money or an education.

"We will only miss the first three classes which are your easiest subjects." Calum pulled her by her waist, kissing her pink lips as if that would help convince her. "Well except for Calculus, but I'll help you with that."