twenty-nine

ARIES: Wrath- Aries can act in a split second when provoked, fire fueling rash decisions over anything logical. The danger with Aries comes from moments like these, because actually, they aren't malicious personalities, and rarely manipulate or taunt, but rather act out in a moments notice with how they are feeling.

A T H E N A

DISSIPATION CONTRIBUTED IMMENSELY to her conciliatory attempt to dismiss her distraught, cold and hostile wind bit at her cheeks, a pain she suffered through inside and out. Trembling hands stuffed deep into pockets lined with soft wool, her lips blew out warm air that swirled into the cloudy, grey sky. Her straight hair started to curl at the amount of times her fingers made contact with them, her dark brown eyes gazed over the concrete floor of the empty rooftop of her school.

He just didn't understand her.

She didn't understand why he didn't realize that she would never get hurt in this situation. It would only help herself, her tranquility. Why couldn't he fucking understand that?

For twenty-four hours, the so-called couple never contacted each other once. Her finger constantly hovered over the send button, but her pride restricted herself from doing so. She wanted to talk to him, she wanted him to be on her side. But she also knew that it would never happen. She only had her own back at the moment.

It was always like that.

Calum gave her a temporary euphoria that was snatched within the moment she indulged herself in temporary happiness. She never regretted anything, but she sure as hell wished she could've limited herself.

Maybe it would hurt less.

A cigarette dangling between her lips, Athena debated whether to light it for the first time. She never smoked an actual cigarette before, the substance merely poked at her disgusted mind, but if she could no longer result to weed, what else was there for her?

"Put that down." A demanding tone of voice startled Athena and caused the cigarette to fall onto the concrete ground, she turned her head around to see a familiar dirty blonde boy with a cup of coffee in his possession. Hair disheveled with his body dressed in black jeans and a leather jacket, he took a seat next to Athena while offering her a cough drop. "I could hear you coughing from downstairs. I don't think a cigarette would do that any good."

"Why are you here, Ashton?" Athena reluctantly grabbed the cough candy, she only agreed to eat it considering the fact that it was one of the sweet brands. Ashton chuckled at her response and ruffled her hair, his hands were extremely warm compared to her overall body temperature.

"In case you forgot, this was my original hangout place." Ashton rolled his eyes, he smelt of cologne and a tinge of cinnamon when he got closer to Athena. "I must say, I was quite shocked when Vienna heard that you and Calum are dating. Can't believe you never told me either."

"Who told her that?" Athena scrunched her eyebrows together, she bit the inside of her cheek to prevent her body from shivering again. Ashton slightly grinned at how she insisted on staying up on the rooftop instead of going to class and not having to worry about catching a cold.

"She knows everything, don't worry. Are you and Calum fighting? I mean, you're up here while he's flirting with one of the girls in his calculus class-"

"Who the fuck is he flirting with?" Athena snapped up, even though she and Calum were currently in a fight, that didn't diminish the chances of her beating up Calum and whoever the hell he was flirting with. Ashton let out a loud laugh and gestured her to sit back down.

"I'm kidding. I told Calum the same thing, and he looked ten times scarier than you do right now." Ashton winced when Athena slapped his shoulder, her heart suddenly calming down but speeding up when she realized that Calum actually got jealous because of what Ashton said. "You two are so cute. I would ask why you two are fighting, but Calum already made it obvious that it was not to be discussed. Can't you two just apologize already and have a kid or two?"