twenty-seven

ARIES: I'd be careful if I were you.  Mistakes are prone to be repeated if you insist on ignoring them.  

A T H E N A

VEXATION FUELED VIOLENTLY through Athena's veins, her head snapped up towards Calum with false accusations filling the still air.  Subconsciously backing away from him, Athena scowls, Calum already sighs as if he was anticipating this.

"Excuse me?"  Athena raised an eyebrow, Calum tried to reach out for her hand, but she just pulled away.  How dare he even accuse her of hurting herself more than Luke did.  Luke ruined her mentality, her pride felt ripped away from her very mind.  

"Baby, I-"

"Don't fucking 'baby' me, Calum.  What the fuck are you trying to say?"  Athena stood up, her papers were wrinkled by her sudden movement, but she could care less about her fucking Calculus homework.  Calum gulped, his dark brown eyes looked up at her in augment with cautiousness dripping from his words.

"I don't want you to get revenge on Luke.  I don't want you to even punch him once."  Calum bit his lip, he looked down on his navy blue sheets while Athena scoffed causing him to tilt his head up, he looked deep down into her eyes as if debating on what he would say.  "You're going to get hurt, Athena."

"You don't know how it feels like to have yourself feel degraded.  Everyone gets hurt, and there are consequences to every action."  Athena rolled her eyes, her body felt unusually warm when she felt blood rushing into her brain as if it was her anger circulating to decide her words.  "Grow up already."

And at that moment, Calum's eyes seemed to darken, an expression Athena has never seen before made her freeze up for a second, chills ran down her spine uncontrollably when Calum stood up and towered over her.  "You know what I hate about you?"

"I don't care."  Athena gritted her teeth, her fists clenched and shook compared to Calum, who was unusually and intimidatingly calm.  A stone cold expression took over his face, he glanced down at her as he took a step closer to her, Athena refused to back up.

"I hate how fucking stubborn you are."  Calum was the complete opposite of he was a few days ago, God, where was the Calum she knew?  Athena refused to admit it to herself, but deep down, she was incredibly intimidated and scared.  It wasn't like when they first met, he wasn't the Calum who would annoy her and pick fights just for the fun of it.  He wasn't the Calum who teased her constantly or reply sarcastically when ever she initiated someone.  He wasn't the Calum who assured her that he wouldn't judge her the same way as her family did.  He wasn't her Calum.  "I hate how your pride is your number one fucking priority."

"It isn't-"

"It fucking is, Athena,"  Calum raised his voice, Athena backed up a bit, he never yelled at her like that.  Her eyebrows furrowed and she formed a glare, he may have interpreted as anger, but she was actually very confused as to who was standing in front of her.  A scowl imprinted itself onto his face when Calum clenched his jaw.  "You care more about your title than your actual fucking health.  Are you fucking stupid?"

"Shut the fuck up, Calum."  Athena regained her aggressiveness once she realized that he wasn't going to calm down anytime soon.  She wasn't going to play victim.

She refused to play victim.

"No, don't tell me to fucking shut up, Athena," Calum continued, his voice rang into her ears which caused Athena to take another step back.

Calum, please stop yelling at me. 

"You're so fucking irritating, you know that?  I try to fucking help you, and you get mad."  Calum chuckled darkly, his eyes narrowed while he stared at her with so much hatred.  "I don't try to help you, and you get mad.  Make up your fucking mind, Athena."